Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel
RE: Flow Limits
(10-26-2023, 08:51 AM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: You can also consider getting a Bilevel which will likely not only get rid of the bulk of the flow limits but possibly allow a reduction in pressure as it seems to be your flow limitations that are forcing you to use high pressure. You can get one from the suppliers on the wiki or find one used on Facebook marketplace/Craigslist (caveat emptor).

For now follow Stacey's advice of trying a bit more pressure. You don't have much room left before you max out the machine, but worth a shot.

Hey Pizza, this post sounds exactly where i am headed as well.
Following exactly what SleepRider says.
Just have to get my data together.
Looks like 8 cm, EPR 3 is my baseline with my CPAP unit for now.
Any suggestions?

Thanx for posting Deborah, and congrats on monitor status !
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel
Hi Deborah K, this was an extremely informative thread -- thanks for putting all this info in public and thanks to Sleeprider for all the info.

Did you ever get your tidal volume up? And also, did you notice a difference in how you felt with the new machine? And did you find that reducing flow limitation made a difference to how you felt? Especially reducing it further past the improvement you got from PS=4?

I don't want to derail your thread with my own issues, but I'm curious about this because I have flow limits and low-ish tidal volume, but not as bad as yours used to be. My OSCAR screenshots now look roughly like your "after" screenshots. I feel alright during the day. So I'm wondering if you found it worth it to further fine-tune things.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, my tidal volume is mostly 300 now, which for me is great.  It did not immediately jump to that, but it went up some right away, and gradually more as I slept with my new machine.  I immediately felt much better on the new machine, and my flow limits are well under control now.  I have slowly raised the PS and am now at 6.

Soon after I got my new machine, my husband followed my path and he received the same machine I have.  He had been on bilevel for some years but was using a Philips Dreamstation.  He was utterly shocked at how much better he sleeps and feels with the ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto.

So, this has been a win-win for both of us, and we could not be happier about it.  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for sharing and I'm so glad it helped you so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2024, 02:05 PM)Deborah K. Wrote: Yes, my tidal volume is mostly 300 now, which for me is great.  It did not immediately jump to that, but it went up some right away, and gradually more as I slept with my new machine.  I immediately felt much better on the new machine, and my flow limits are well under control now.  I have slowly raised the PS and am now at 6.

Soon after I got my new machine, my husband followed my path and he received the same machine I have.  He had been on bilevel for some years but was using a Philips Dreamstation.  He was utterly shocked at how much better he sleeps and feels with the ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto.

So, this has been a win-win for both of us, and we could not be happier about it.  Smile
Thanks for updating us.  Glad you're doing better!  Also, Can you tell me what PS you started with and how long it took to progress to PS=6?  Did the higher PS decrease your flow limits?  I gather it increased your tidal volume.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird Flow Rate Pattern Started 3 days ago Dodies 2 56 Yesterday, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Dodies
  is this flow limitation? shyguy 2 167 Yesterday, 10:00 PM
Last Post: shyguy
  [Pressure] Recently diagnosed with UARS and prescribed Bilevel. Need help with settings. cloudwalker 7 536 09-29-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Jlcdsc
  How do I lower flow limits on my ASV? apneavolt 5 98 09-29-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Advice on setting pressure limits esperanca 6 306 09-27-2024, 05:10 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Bilevel self-titration for UARS ChickenTenders 11 680 09-26-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ChickenTenders
  What else causes flow limits? StevesSp 6 943 09-26-2024, 10:09 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.