Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

General Issues
General Issues
I received my Aisense 10 machine back in November last year and was given a F20 mask. First few nights were an issue but after this I felt like I could accept CPAP. I then found that my nose became itchy and was given a P10 which I really looked forwards to using.

Things have gone downhill in the last three weeks and the P10 has started to make my nose really sting within a few minutes of using it. I am also now unable to sleep with either the F20 or P10 on.

I do have another appointment and I am going to be fitted with a nose mask which I am looking forwards to.

I have a humidifier but do not really notice any improvement if the setting is on one or eight.

My questions, therefore: how long does it take to get used to CPAP and secondly, any thoughts on the stinging nose? I did try some cream around the nostrils but this made it leak like crazy. Also, when I first got the P10, I do not recall there being an issue with the nasal stinging.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: General Issues
I have used a P10 since they were released. You may have a sensitivity, or need to clean it with a simple dish detergent and rinse. The most common problem I see with the P10 is using a size too small. If you've been using a medium, try large.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2024, 10:28 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I have used a P10 since they were released. You may have a sensitivity, or need to clean it with a simple dish detergent and rinse.  The most common problem I see with the P10 is using a size too small.  If you've been using a medium, try large.

Thanks for this. This is interesting because I had wondered whether the medium was in fact too large and I dropped down to the small; both sizes have been an issue for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Once your nose gets sore, nothing is going to feel right until it heals. I used a combination of 100% lanolin and coconut oil on mine until the soreness resolved.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Assistance with wife's CPAP issues Hammer641 6 176 09-01-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  AitFit F20 With Dreamstation - AAV Issues kymmitsu 9 3,263 08-28-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  CPAP issues after tonsillectomy + septoplasty bloom25 25 2,450 08-19-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jaguarman9991
  'Mental' issues restricting machine use riteoh123 7 373 08-16-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Unknown sleep issues/responding poorly to cpap Apnea4862 1 193 08-14-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New on CPAP, flow limit/central apnea issues QuoteUnquote 4 318 08-06-2024, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Fisher & Paykel Simplus - Have you experienced teeth or jaw issues? jh1111 3 188 07-31-2024, 09:05 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.