Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HDM Z1 Battery Replacement
RE: HDM Z1 Battery Replacement
(02-27-2024, 03:09 PM)thx1025 Wrote: Really great tutorial and I appreciate it. 

One question (and perhaps I missed this): is it too much of a risk to remove the entire battery with its tabs and replace it with another instead of cutting with the Dremel and soldering on wires? 

I found the Panasonic BR-1225 with the tabs already soldered on (product is listed as BR-1225/HCN) 
I wondered if un-soldering (is that a real word?) and soldering in a complete battery with tabs is possible. Thanks in advance!

It is indeed possible to unsolder components... either using a commercial "solder sucker" syringe that vacuums out the solder after you melt it, or using "solder wick" that you heat up and which then wicks out the molten solder. You'll need a steady hand and a needle-tip soldering iron, and you might want to try some clipping small aligator clips between the solder you want to remove and nearby components - to prevent the heat from diffusing into other components. I've done this on numerous electronic repairs, but I haven't yet tried it with my "FAULTy" Z1... I'll will be trying it, though, when my replacement battery arrives. I've also read a recommendation somewhere that you should use lead-less solder to prevent gaseous lead vapors inside the case, though I have serious doubts about whether lead vapor offgassing in the unit would be any problem (with normal CPAP operating tempreatures) if you use conventional re-soldering.

Video on desolder wicking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljRJiN6nHek
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for posting the information for replacing the HDM Z1 battery.  I also found a replacement battery that matches the battery in the CPAP.  It was a whole $1.68.  I ordered two thinking if I had a spare, I would never need it.  Shipping was $6.99 to my location, and it should be here tomorrow morning.  As it is a lithium battery it needs ground shipping.  .digikey  BR-1225%2FHCN/31942  I have used Digikey before and have been happy with their products and service. 

OOPS - I'm too new to be able to post a link.  So...  search the google for a company called DigiKey.  When you visit their site search for 'BR-1225/HCN' The item should look like this:  Yes, I borrowed their photo.  Sorry...

Post Reply Post Reply
"I replaced the battery of the device, but the CPAP mode is there while the APAP mode has disappeared and is not visible. How can I fix this?"
"I'm connecting to the app via Bluetooth, and the APAP mode is not showing there either. This feature was available before the battery replacement."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Back up Battery Problem Kimb 3 263 08-01-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 11 2,432 07-08-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  [Equipment] Portable CPAP/APAP battery life JPOPS 10 553 07-08-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 186 33,038 07-01-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Back up battery/generator for BiPap Aggie 18 977 06-30-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 140 24,313 06-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Help! Battery connection for Sefam SBox Pappydog 2 260 06-22-2024, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pappydog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.