Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't
RE: CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't
(05-31-2024, 07:56 PM)AUniqueUsername Wrote: I seem to be opening my mouth when sleeping now, something I've never had a problem with before.

Your last flowchart with minimum P=8 and EPR=2  became more rugged than the one you posted with minimum P=7 and EPR=3. In addition, at P=8, you have an open mouth. So, you might want to revisit the minimum P=7 and decide whether EPR=2 or 3 is better for you.
If you have an open mouth problem, try mouth taping. It was much more efficient for me than the chin strap.
The collar is always a good addition. Try to sleep on your side, too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright, thanks for the thorough reply. I guess I'll try a combination of things over the course of next week to see what works best. I'll start by lowering the pressure to 7 and keeping EPR at 2 and side sleeping. Hopefully some combination of your suggestions will work out.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've ultimately decided to revert to pressure 7 and EPR to 3 for now. Something I've noticed is that I'm getting a lot of leaks with the nasal pillows mask and I'm not sure why. I use mouth tape now, so I don't think my mouth opening is the culprit here. I've also tried tightening the straps but that seemed to actually make things worse (I'll have to try it again later though). I suspect these leaks might be waking me up as I feel more drowsy as of recently. Any other things I should try before I just nuke the problem and go back to full face mask?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2024, 10:57 AM)AUniqueUsername Wrote:  I suspect these leaks might be waking me up as I feel more drowsy as of recently. Any other things I should try before I just nuke the problem and go back to full face mask?

You have excellent results, so you might want to use the nasal mask for a while. Indeed, you have leaks, but they are not so high to compromise your treatment. An FF mask pushes your jaw backward, contributing to obstructions; hence, it increases the treatment pressures, which could lead to more leaks. Therefore, a nasal mask is always better if you can live together with it. I have tried different nasal masks and sizes until I found the right one. Before that, I had been using FF for years, and I needed high treatment pressures.  

But if you cannot fix the leaks and they undermine your sleep quality, you have no other option than to switch back to FF.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  long time user , new problems spud45 9 273 07-18-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Resmed AS10 doesn't intervene for long OA events? pixpop 11 281 07-17-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Not adjusting to cpap. time for Bipap? Technica34 2 121 07-16-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Z2 increases pressure on leak; ResMed 11 doesn't SkySleep 7 197 07-13-2024, 11:52 PM
Last Post: SkySleep
  [Equipment] Getting a machine for the first time deadboy 10 336 07-10-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 150 6,099 07-08-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Schernenk
  Airsense 11 sleep time recordings hevy6 2 213 06-22-2024, 05:24 PM
Last Post: hevy6

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.