Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to interpret the information from Prisma Max?
How to interpret the information from Prisma Max?
Hi All,

I relieved my sleep breathing by ResMed S10 since MAy 2023.
Recently, my therapist suggests to replace with Lowenstein Prisma Max. I accepted.

Once changed, I am confused on new information from OSCAR.
Increased Flow limit level, RERA, etc.
Also, OSCAR shows the different information from ResMed S10 did.

Please kindly advise me how to interpret those.
If there was relevant threads before, please kindly share those.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to interpret the information from Prisma Max?
A Prisma is a good machine, it just has its own way of reporting its data. Each manufacturer determines how a parameter is reported and the scale range if it graphs it. Flow limitation comes to mind. A Resmed uses a range of 0 to 1 for some reason. Philips doesn't even use a scale for this parameter, it just reports it as an event. I don't know what the Prisma uses.

Do you feel any different using the Prisma? I would recommend that you use it for a few days and then post a day or two screenshots of your OSCAR Daily screen (Use F12 of Fn+F12 for a Mac).
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
Project Manager for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the response. Crimson Nape,
Let me add some screenshot as attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Would you post a recent screenshot of your Resmed data for comparison?
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hope this works for you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Since your thread has pivoted to be more about your therapy, I have moved it to the Main Forum.  Would you like the title changed to something like, "Changes for Better Prisma Therapy"? It could be changed to something else, too. Let me know if you do.

Getting back to your screenshots.  I see you had the EPR set to 3 on the Resmed.  Does the Prisma offer any option along the same lines?  This would really help with your flow limitations.  Also, if you don't have the Clinician's manual for your new Prisma, look in the CPAP Setup Manuals - Section 3/Other Manuals to obtain one.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any one have or had a smart watch to track your sleep information. BangkokBoy 11 1,618 10-18-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: mstar
  Please interpret my Sleep Study Results for Central/Mixed Apnea at 4% desaturated lvl memoryNada786 6 273 10-13-2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: memoryNada786
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A problem connecting with the humidifier Pushe 1 176 10-08-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] OSCAR help adjusting pressure - Prisma smart georgesadam 11 666 10-04-2024, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Zombie on my Lawn
  Help with OSCAR Report from Loewenstein Prisma Smart crunchy92 4 443 10-01-2024, 06:21 AM
Last Post: Zombie on my Lawn
  Prisma Smart doesn't increase pressure mark123456 4 257 09-28-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A SakimaStorm 10 1,727 09-25-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.