Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I am worried about my health.
Sad 
I am worried about my health.
Hello guys, this post is unrelated to my ongoing CPAP therapy.

I have been on therapy for about 3 weeks, and id say the results on Oscar are okaish for the most part.

However, my deep sleep according to the machine readings and my apple watch doesnt seem to improve, i am still averaging 40-50minutes each night.

Now the problem is, somedays i feel more tired than others. For example today i feel a very strong headache and I am concerned. Shouldnt i feel okay already?

My question is, is this normal? is anybody else feeling the same?

A bit of context: I am 26, 70kg, 1.67cm and I have hypertension which i am treating with amlodipine 2.5mg every day.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I am worried about my health.
Smartwatches at best are 80% or so accurate when determining sleep stages. There are other devices available that are more accurate, but utilitarian in their use as that is all they do. Watch YouTube videos from “The Quantified Scientist” to see how they compare to professional medical devices.

When starting with CPAP headaches are fairly common. If you are concerned, you should check with your GP.

If there specific days you are concerned about, post some OSCAR charts and folks can offer suggestions and advise.

I personally use an Apple Watch, but I do not use the sleep stage tracking. I use it as an alarm and to track respiration/heart rate whilst asleep which has been shown to be rather accurate. I would rather use the data I know to be correct rather than get excited or concerned over that which is possibly correct.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  24 CA events, I am practically worried. Ddobson85 4 181 09-30-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Health] Worried about spO2 drops during the day and night... ZeroShun 2 166 09-26-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: ZeroShun
  [Treatment] Best Interface with Apple Health MikeMac 2 197 09-22-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: MikeMac
  Worried newbie here ! tostaky 10 551 08-25-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Diagnosis] Mild OSA diganosis (low AHI, higher RDI) -- Worried and unsure how to proceed Quibly35 1 196 07-25-2024, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Is this real CSR or periodic breathing? Should I be worried? Jonkier 10 847 05-24-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Symptoms] Worried about sudden spike in CA events rohit261990 8 638 04-22-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: rohit261990

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.