Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In Search of a Mask
In Search of a Mask
Hello all. It’s about time for me to get a fresh mask, and I’m thinking about making a change.

I have tried the following masks: 
  • F&P Evora Full
  • ResMed N20 
  • Resmed N30i 
  • ResMed P30i (currently using)
I really liked the N20, but the exhaust vent was blowing right on my wife drying her out. I switched to the N30i because the exhaust air blows straight up from the top of my head. I found that the N30i was shifting around too much during the night causing leakage, and switching to the P30i nasal pillow solved that for me. The P30i fits fantastically on my nose. The problem with the P30i is that the connection to the hose is at the top of my head, and thus the air travels through tubes on either side of my face to get to my nose. I sleep on my side, and the tubing between my face and the pillow makes this mask more uncomfortable than the masks that connect in the front.

I’m looking for a mask that meets these criteria:
  • Preferably a nasal pillow mask, although that’s not a deal breaker
  • The hose connects in the front instead of at the top of my head, so I don’t have to worry about tubing running down the side of my face
  • The exhaust air is somehow diffused or directed in a way that won’t blow directly on my wife
I think the F&P Bevida might meet the requirements, but I’d really like to get some feedback from the other members here before I make any decisions. Does the Bevida truly diffuse air so it doesn’t blow on your bed partner?  Are there other masks besides the Brevida that would work for my situation?

Thanks for any advice!

- cyberfiche
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: In Search of a Mask
The Brevida's diffuser works really well, it's not a jet of air and my wife doesn't notice it at all.

I've only been using it for a few days now and getting the right fit is important, I used M/L initially and my nose just hurt a littlebit more everyday, to the point that I stopped using it in favor of my full face mask. Gave the XS/S a try after two more days and it discomfort and pain has not returned. Going to stock to the small now.

Note I've only been on Cpap for a month now so still getting used to everything
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Bluran! I've wondered about the sizing of the Brevida. I've selected medium in other masks, and that has worked well so far. It sounds like, if I get the Brevida, I should get the fit pack that comes with different sizes.

- cyberfiche
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe the F&P Solo Nasal, my wife loves it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I love the F&P Evora full mask. However, its vents exceed your last requirement. Initially, I found taping pieces of a CPAP intake filter, as to cause flaps, over them was successful in defusing the exhaust. Again, if the wife is involved, all bets are off on that idea.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the F&P Brevida for a few months now and really like it. Happy to report that the diffuser works very well. No air disturbing my wife and I can barely feel the air holding my hand right in front of the exhaust port.

Once a week wash the diffuser gently with a clean rinsing soap (like Dr. Bronners Sal Suds), then rinse with clean water and allow to air dry.

The seal is excellent though not quite as good as the ResMed AirFit P10 on my face.I had trouble with the P10 exhaust vents getting clogged, even with weekly cleaning, so I switched to the Brevida and have been very satisfied.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2024, 07:28 PM)Tampa Jim Wrote: Maybe the F&P Solo Nasal, my wife loves it.

Unfortunately it has no diffuser and for me at least was very loud particularly during inhalation.

P10 is way quieter. 

I, too, have a Brevida on the way to try.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 531 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Intro............in search of sleep lonigan 11 535 06-09-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 864 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 638 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 3,500 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  continuing search for the best mask megabill 13 1,247 03-20-2023, 09:56 AM
Last Post: DaveCar
  In search of feed back of initial BiPAP results nrelaz 1 517 09-29-2022, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.