Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just started
Just started
Hey Everyone, I have been dealing with extreme fatigue and brain fog for a few years now, I had an at home test and got diagnosed with mild sleep apnea with an AHI of 14, and got prescribed a MAD device but it's already taking too long to get, and the symptoms are becoming more and more worse and affecting my day-to-day life, so I decided to get a CPAP(without a prescription) and I have been on it for nearly 2 weeks now, I am still adjusting the settings, for the time being I am on APAP with range 7.5 to 11.5 with SoftPAP set to 1 and 15mm hose, I tried increasing the the minimum pressure to 8 and 8.5, but then I end up with aerophagia(even while sleeping inclined) and difficulty in breathing, and I am not able to sleep with the mask for more than 3 hours.

I have been feeling a slight improvement with CPAP, with spaced small bursts of mental clarity from time to time, but the brain fog and extreme fatigue still persists and also the sleeping for 10+ hours. I am also waking up with a congested nose and dry mouth with CPAP, but I figured I might need a humidifier since the air is cold.

Any thoughts or suggestion about what could be changed?

Thank you

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just started
Your flow limits are extremely high. I suggest you use the highest setting on Lowenstein equivalent to EPR in ResMed.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recently started CPAP therapy (AHI 56.9) naani 11 447 10-12-2024, 03:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Just started 6 days ago! benjaminjaquith 20 893 10-06-2024, 09:43 AM
Last Post: benjaminjaquith
  Weird Flow Rate Pattern Started 3 days ago Dodies 2 150 09-30-2024, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Dodies
  Started noticing dry mouth in the morning BionicSpud 13 475 09-29-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: eok361
  [Diagnosis] Helping Father in Law Get Started on xPAP R and R 30 1,410 08-28-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Getting Started and Struggling with Leaks and High AHI jkeben 1 226 08-12-2024, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New CPAP User just started last night briansk12 8 369 07-12-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.