Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Keep waking up with heart racing and shaky
Keep waking up with heart racing and shaky
Hello

I was tested and have mild to moderate osa depending on the test. I have been trying to use it for mo the now and I keep have the same issue. I have zero anxiety while trying to fall asleep but as soon as I do I wake up panicking my heart racing, shortness of breath and my arms feeling numb/shaky. This happens everytime I fall asleep like clock work. 

Im using a resmed 11 cpap and have tried 5 different masks and have tried setting every setting I can think of. Different epr settings, ramp on/off different humidity settings. The very few times I’ve slept for 1-2 hours my pressure average was 10 so I’ve tried ranges and even constant pressure and the issue persists. 

I’m at a loss here and last thing I can think of is maybe my mask is not venting well enough for me and it’s co2 related? I cannot even get enough sleep to really collect any data. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I lost my insurance so I do not have access to my doctor anymore but do own my machine outright.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Keep waking up with heart racing and shaky
Ok, it doesn't matter if you've collected much data. Since you are using a VAuto, we can at least see how your BiLevel is set up, and advise from there.

Do you have an SD card in your machine? Download OSCAR, and then show us a night or two of data regardless of usage.
There's no way we are going to guess the problem.

Follow the links in my signature line for Organization of chart and then use the Attachment feature to post here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2024, 10:08 AM)chayes541 Wrote: Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I lost my insurance so I do not have access to my doctor anymore but do own my machine outright.
Do you happen to have the oxygen saturation data overnight? Please attach it along with your OSCAR readings. 
If not, I suggest purchasing an oxygen saturation/ HR ring compatible with OSCAR (see the detailed discussion on this forum).
Post Reply Post Reply
If the unit you have in your avatar is correct (i.e. the exact label on the front of the machine), you actually have a biPAP, not an APAP. This might be a crucial detail, since biPAP's are not set up the same as APAP's.

You'll need to post some Oscars, exact to spec in OpalRose's post. Don't make more settings adjustments until someone figures this out for you, okay?

Also if you post Oscars, someone can take a look at whether mask leaks and sleeping position are playing a role.

Oscars!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] Waking up 15min after falling asleep - new insights McPhearson99 17 2,231 09-02-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: McPhearson99
  Measuring HRV (Heart Rate Variability) YouTakeMyBreathAway 3 668 08-28-2024, 09:47 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  DRY MOUTH WAKING ME MCS2014 14 2,195 08-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: MCS2014
  Help adjusting CPAP--High Pressure Waking Me pharmdfl 3 216 08-25-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Pressure] AHI 0 but keep waking up in the middle of the night djdanaris 2 194 08-23-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: djdanaris
  Waking up after roughly 1.5-3 hours InNeedOfZZZ 7 372 08-22-2024, 01:45 AM
Last Post: InNeedOfZZZ
Question HELP - Waking up too early for no reason or from dreams TheBinarySon 8 271 08-18-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.