Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for suggestions
RE: Looking for suggestions
ALL but one central are gone - looks like the trigger worked. Almost all of the other apnea were GROUPED O and H positional apnea. Can’t do much until you get a collar. 

Good job!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2024, 02:38 PM)staceyburke Wrote: ALL but one central are gone - looks like the trigger worked. Almost all of the other apnea were GROUPED O and H positional apnea. Can’t do much until you get a collar. 

Good job!

Thanks to you.  I will not post anymore until I get the collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, not the results I thought I would see.  First night with a Corflex Ultra Cervical Collar.  Since I last posted my average was 4.8 with a low of 1.3 and a high of 7.3.  At the restart just before 4 am, I took the collar off.  So, the last segment is with no collar.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Take a look at the collar height. The height should be the distance from your chin to your sternum. The distance must stop the chin from dropping down to the sternum. 

Most positional apnea is from the chin dropping to the sternum.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought I had measured that properly and got a 2 1/2" collar.  I had my head at a straight ahead look level.  Could I have had it too tight?  Maybe I need to try another brand.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow!  That was one freaky night you had. You need a collar higher than 2 1/2 inches for sure. I suggest the Caldera Releaf Collar as it is very comfortable.

Why everything went crazy last night is confusing.  Were you extremely uncomfortable and/or hot sleeping with the collar?  Did you sleep in a different position than you usually do?  Were you sick or in a lot of pain?  In any case, here are a few recommendations that may help:

Raise your PS to 6.  That should help lower the flow limits which have remained too high.

Raise your Trigger to very high.  That should lower the CAs more consistently and is quite comfortable.

Raise your high-pressure setting to 21.  Your machine won't go higher than you need, and raising the setting will stop you from bumping up against the 19 you now have set.

My hope is that if these changes are made your snoring will drop to a more normal level. Best of luck! Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't like to base changes on one night.  I was doing pretty good overall until last night.  Earlier in the year my events were higher than the previous year average, but I think that was due to weaning down on prednisone and my body not liking it.  I went back up and my events went back down.  Since I made changes suggested by staceyburke, I have not had the annoying mask farting and leaks have been very low to none.  I will give the collar another try, but not tonight, need an uneventful night.  If another try gives similar results I plan to try the Caldera Releaf Collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2024, 11:41 AM)staceyburke Wrote: Take a look at the collar height. The height should be the distance from your chin to your sternum. The distance must stop the chin from dropping down to the sternum. 

Most positional apnea is from the chin dropping to the sternum.

With a full face mask, would I not see huge leaks with chin dropping to my sternum?
Post Reply Post Reply
Take a look at the attachment to properly size a SCC.

Post Reply Post Reply
Arrow 
The full face masks I have stop under my mouth and they would not leak with my chin down but I don’t know about yours.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Therapy Suggestions Keesh23 11 386 09-12-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Keesh23
  Airsense 10 replacement: suggestions? newmar 7 290 09-11-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Suggestions? TinySteve 11 435 09-02-2024, 08:50 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New User - Looking For Suggestions VeryTired 13 443 09-01-2024, 03:50 PM
Last Post: VeryTired
  [Pressure] suggestions for settings Ksquared716 1 157 08-27-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still tired, any suggestions to optimize therapy? EnigmaOfSleep 4 288 08-14-2024, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Treatment suggestions for mild sleep apnea clegge242 3 242 07-30-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.