Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still tired, any suggestions to optimize therapy?
Still tired, any suggestions to optimize therapy?
I've been using my machine for 5+ years now and I have noticed that I'm waking up tired a lot. I end up taking naps on my days off to feel a little better. Also, my wife said that I was still snoring even with my mask on. I had a physical a couple months ago to rule out medical issues. I was diagnosed with low testosterone and started on TRT which I know can worsen sleep apnea but I had other symptoms related to the low testosterone so it was worth it to me. 

I also saw my sleep doctor last week and he recommended changing my pressure. It was originally set to 9-14 and I was topping out at 14 quite a lot. It was increased to 10-20 but I later increased it to 12-20 after looking at the data in OSCAR (my wife did some research and found the software and this board). 

It's been almost a week on the new pressure and I am still tired but I'm not sure if it's just because I had been losing sleep so much before or if I still need to tweak my settings. I think things have improved a little bit but it's hard to tell. 

Here's a screenshot of OSCAR when the pressure was set to 9-14:     

And here are 2 screenshots of OSCAR from the past 2 days: 

Obviously one had a lot of leaks, that happens sometimes, I assume when I roll over in bed.

Any suggestions? 

I hope I did all this right. First time ever posting on a forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still tired, any suggestions to optimize therapy?
How old are you? Overall physical health can play a big part in feeling rested or not. 

Growing old sucks!  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm only 35. Back when I initially saw my doctor about being tired (before the sleep study), he thought I was too young to have sleep apnea but reluctantly gave me the referral.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes.....35 is a bit on the youngish side. I do hope that you find something that works for you. 

There's many on here that can interpret your charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
The main thing I see is that you are using high pressure and EPR 3 but are still getting pretty high flow limits.  I went through the same thing and was advised to get an AirCurve 10 Vauto, which is a bilevel machine instead of an autopap machine, which is what you and I both started with.  Things are much better since the switch.  I had to convince my regular doctor to prescribe the bilevel.  You can read the whole story in this long post if you want to check it out:

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...ht=bilevel
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Therapy Suggestions Keesh23 11 352 09-12-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Keesh23
  Airsense 10 replacement: suggestions? newmar 7 274 09-11-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  1 year on CPAP, still tired all the time joelin02 5 467 09-10-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [Pressure] Help me understand Oscar report and optimize CPAP therapy Oliverwoods 1 156 09-07-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Is high pressure better - help to optimize grzkar 1 161 09-07-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  23 yr old W/ Good AHI - Still tired and foggy daytong 7 358 09-05-2024, 09:05 PM
Last Post: daytong
  [CPAP] New Airsense 10 Autoset - Help Optimize Settings Led Head 2 170 09-05-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Led Head

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.