Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping?
Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping?
Hi all, I recently bought a Prisma 20A and it has changed my life (upgraded from resmed airsense 10). I want to take camping but have no idea of the energy consumption and thus battery requirements. I would love to be able to use my humidifier while camping as find it very difficult to use without. Can anyway advise on how much energy the machine uses both with and without humidifier? I only use a low pressure most of night around 6.5 - 8.5. thanks very much!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping?
Don't know what energy usage is but I was chasing down the same info last week for camping as well.
Found  Medistrom on google search
  • Löwenstein prismaSMART series supported
  • Take it travelling and use it to power your compatible PAP device when the main power isn’t available.

• Pilot 24 Lite delivers 1-2 nights of continuous run-time on an average CPAP pressure, average breathing rate, optimal mask seal and with the humidifier, heated tubing and exhalation pressure relief all disabled.

• Delivers about 19,000mAh for your handheld electronic devices.
  • It can be recharged with 12 v car socket
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the Prisma 20A has a 37v DC power supply.  So the Medistrom's are probably underpowered.

The Prisma Soft / Smart machines are 24v DC.  I use a Medistrom Pilot 24 Lite with this model and it works fine.  Don't know if they do larger versions for the higher voltage machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is power hungry. It has a big pump, heats hose to higher temps than other machines. I run mine permanently through a power station and inverter in-case of power outage (which we get a lot of). It has 720wh capacity and I have run it flat on a 10hour sleep before. Obviously there is loss due to the conversion. There is a dc power option available somewhere for the Prisma's

https://www.amazon.com/EF-ECOFLOW-Portab...to_dp&th=1
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much for this, I bought a device which measures the watt hours and it uses about 400wh average a night apparently, so I'm going to buy this which will hopefully give me at least 2 and a bit night's sleephttps://www.bluettipower.com.au/pages/ac180 ... 
 If anyone comes across a DC cable for this device and knows how you might use with a station, please let us know!!
I love my Prisma, but definitely not the best for camping, having said that I need the humidification on any device so most will be power hungry in my case. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lowenstein Diesel Poland 1 117 07-17-2024, 06:21 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Diffrence between prisma smart vs 20a michelbeaini 3 2,862 07-15-2024, 11:36 AM
Last Post: donsburg
  Used resmed 10 [how to find usage hours] Justbreath 6 5,558 07-13-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Does CPAP usage make you dependent on or addicted to the therapy? G. Szabo 11 681 07-06-2024, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Opinions and help Re my usage data please Poolboy 14 680 07-05-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  MVoltaire's - Lövenstein prisma 25 ST (Therapy & Titration thread) MVoltaire 3 224 07-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
  Lövenstein prisma 25 ST aergun 7 952 07-03-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.