Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

LuminousOne Therapy Thread
LuminousOne Therapy Thread
Day One: Just picked up my ResMed AirSense 11. Received training and mask-fit. Have it on, almost ramped up (will probably turn off) and taking a nap. EPR on 3. Hands tingly, probably hyperventilating (will need to watch).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: LuminousOne Therapy Thread
First night last night. 
Was able to use for 10 hrs (8 hrs asleep). Woke up with mask leaks so repositioned and went back to sleep. Oddly, the machine did not report the leaks. AHI: 8.3 (obstructive 1.8, central 6.5) according to machine statistics. 
Unfortunately, OSCAR card was accidentally locked at read only and didn't record data. 
I'm happy that I was able to tolerate the run, so all-in-all not a bad first night.   
Still exhausted, but to be expected.
Post Reply Post Reply
Give yourself time to adjust. When you have a few nights data, post some OSCAR charts using the standard format described in my signature, and folks here will be happy to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

This was night three. I'm tolerating the therapy fairly well. Last night I woke up with a number of mask leaks. I've been sleeping using a wedge pillow and a cervical collar, but was having back pain and attempted a left side position. I woke up a number of times with mask leaks. I'm not sure the mask is a good fit. 

I'm not happy with the number of events, especially central. I had no central events during my titration test in the lab. Should I turn the EPR down? Any advice would be appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

Tonight will now be day 7.

I have since (details on another thread):
Changed pressures to 10.6 - 15 and ditched the wedge pillow (thanks, Phaleronic)
Tried different pillows and bought a sufficiently flat pillow which I will use tonight. 
Begun to suspect my soft neck collar is too soft because it is bowing in the middle. I will replace it with one that keeps it shape.

Last night was the most difficult one. I was cranky as sh*t and pulled the mask off early on. I could not get the mask to stop side-farting until I tightened the straps more. I am waking up with distinct strap marks on my jaw and lower side of face. They gave me the standard headgear and I think I need small.

Here are the two charts post pressure change. The first hours are likely when I'm awake. I listen to guided meditations with everything going as I'm afraid I might go to sleep without it.

Thanks to everyone who has offered advice and kind words. I appreciate it more than words can indicate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Day (or night) 7 was disappointing. I tried the Futuro soft collar and it was good, but very firm and it battled it out with my mask. I had leaks galore* and removed it half way through the night resulting in OAs galore. I caught myself chin tucking during short wake-ups.

I reached my high limit and perhaps beyond, but those bump-ups may have been buring awake times. I will probably adjust my pressure up a notch for tonight to see what happens. Back to the former soft collar. The new flat pillow was good.

* interestingly enough, MyAir didn't show any leaks but they certainly occured.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

These are my last two days. I am comfortable with therapy, but wake up with facial marks from the mask. 
The experience of therapy is getting better, leaks have disappeared greatly due to experimentation. I experienced RERA's last night and topped off on the upper pressure limit. I raised my high pressure this morning to accomodate the higher pressure need.

Please advise! I appreciate all of your help.

Post Reply Post Reply
To add to the above, I've noticed that OSCAR stops recording somewhere around an hour before I turn the CPAP off. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Ohmy 
Here are the last two days.

My AHI has been variable. I continue to have a problem with centrals. I am using the first soft cervical collar and it seems to be helping to some degree.
The leak problem is solved by tightening the mask enough to overcome pressure needs. I understand that the F40 might not be the best for pressures 15 or over. I'm fairly sure that my headgear is too big due to where I need to place the end of the straps. I have noticeable strap marks when I wake up.
OSCAR continues to stop recording during my last hour of use.
I haven't received any input on my last reports so I returned to the prescribed settings since I wasn't sure how to proceed. 

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
With the current machine being an AS11, the best we can do is reduce pressure support and pressure, but you will have to live with the remaining events and flow limitations. 

Given the results with the AS11, I think you need to discuss with your provider getting a ResMed Aircurve 10 or 11 Vauto. A bilevel with fine-tuning of pressure support and trigger settings would make a world of difference. 

I see in your earlier threads you were going to ask for a bilevel. I assume they foisted a standard APAP on you. A very good one, but it is still not a bilevel.

I would have a discussion with the provider, show them the OSCAR results, and tell them you need a bloody bilevel. You can continue faffing around with the current machine, but it will be a frustrating and ultimately unfulfilling journey.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 132 5,718 5 hours ago
Last Post: Abdulfakih
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 32 3,022 8 hours ago
Last Post: THEVGE
Wink hwnboy therapy thread hwnboy 60 2,780 10-14-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 127 5,709 10-13-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  [Treatment] NightmaresOfTheBottom - Therapy Help Thread NightmaresOfTheBottom 3 237 10-12-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  johnnygz - Therapy Thread johnnygz 16 1,756 10-12-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: johnnygz
  [Treatment] TheHelios321 - Therapy Help Thread thehelios321 2 191 10-09-2024, 11:28 PM
Last Post: thehelios321

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.