Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Removing Mask In Sleep
RE: Removing Mask In Sleep
Let's see a current OSCAR chart and see what there is. We don't know what pressures and other settings you're running with currently.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
New OSCAR Charts

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
One thing that stands out is when leaks go up to almost any level, you are stopping therapy and restarting a bit later. Next is what will be mask removal, even when there's no events recorded in the 2 hours 28 minutes on 9/11. 7/4 to 12/9 pressure might not be enough for your personal needs.

Had you tried increasing the pressure more than these? I would try increasing both by 1.

Then addressing the mask... Is it comfortable? Too tight to control leaks will almost always cause early removal. How does this mask feel when you first put it on? Besides being new-ish or feelings of being intrusive, does anything bother you with the masks you're using?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll try upping the pressure tonight. 
The noise of air leaking is very annoying when I’m trying to sleep, so I may be over tightening. I have yet to find a mask that is comfortable. I have facial hair and sleep on my side so that made the Phillips dreamware full face awkward. I’ve tried the nose pillows with Phillips dresmwear and airfit p30i with multiple size cushions. The leak on those is irritating though. The first one I had was a Rio 2 nasal pillows that caused nose irritation and the respiratory therapist recommended changing because the front mount isn’t ideal for side sleepers. I’m open to other mask suggestions, but I’m not sure where to go from here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do some virtual shopping for masks if you want. Look at Supplier #1 for example.

My CPAP mask journey includes from the oldest being Philips Respironics Amara View, ResMed F20 in AirFit silicone and AirTouch foam, N & P30i, then much better for me is Fisher and Paykel, Simplus, Vitera, now on Evora Full hybrid.

Not a salesman, but really take a look at F&P masks. They never need to be tight to work if you get the right cushion size, and adjust so it's loose but controls leaks. I'm moving from side to back at times, and mine works well. I do have a hose holder too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 463 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [CPAP] Taking mask off in sleep nevian 12 496 09-03-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 263 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
  Sleep position affecting sleep test AHI/OSA classification Fox66 7 392 06-21-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Removing a few Therapy Dates from SD Card MurrayNevada 8 354 06-15-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: MurrayNevada
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 8 935 05-21-2024, 03:06 PM
Last Post: HenryECole81
  [CPAP] Help Needed with Removing Mask pitufodrmdo 2 253 05-03-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.