Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies
RE: Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies
When I first started using CPAP, my doctor referred me to a DME (Medicare approved durable medical equipment supplier).  I got my machine and initial supply of mask, nasal cushions, filters, and tubing through them.  About a month before I ran out, they contacted me by phone and text.

When I picked up my machine, the technician who showed me how to use it also gave me a schedule showing how often Medicare will pay for replacement of the various supplies.

Particularly at first, I tried different menu options on the DME's phone system until I was able to reach a live human in order to be sure that the specific type and sizes of mask, pillows, etc. on their list for me were what I was actually using.

This was particularly important for me because I've changed the type of nasal cushions and size of mask and wanted to double check that the change had stuck.

My DME also has an automated phone reorder system and online reorder system, but these did not give exact details on the type of cushions, etc.  The DMD may have improved this recently, but I haven't tried it yet.  I still like to talk to a live human in case I have any questions.

My DME was a local company purchased by Sleep Central.  I think I'm still getting the local people on some of the phone numbers I have.  I've been happy with the service for two years now.

How you decide to order may depend on how you like the systems your DME offers, and whether you change type of mask, etc.  Hope it works out well for you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
jwalker5, use this link to find Medicare suppliers in your area. Enter your zip-code and select Continuous Positive Air Pressure https://www.medicare.gov/medical-equipment-suppliers/
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any idea why Medicare would reject a BiPap machine to address Hypoxia? elisio 4 194 09-29-2024, 09:55 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Who tells Medicare I am using my new CPAP in first 90 days? silverchief2 3 299 08-17-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Medicare Rules chzuck 14 1,022 08-11-2024, 02:19 PM
Last Post: chzuck
  CPAP and Medicare and yearly Rx renewal silverchief2 10 1,055 07-11-2024, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Has anyone received Medicare reimbursement for purchased CPAP or subsequent supplies? gbecsi 6 586 06-01-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: ischua
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 848 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Who Do You Get Your Supplies From? Fritz1255 2 474 03-29-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.