Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mouth Tape Trick for Wimps (like me)
RE: Mouth Tape Trick for Wimps (like me)
Is it a powder or is it in liquid form?
Post Reply Post Reply
Milk of Magnesia is a white liquid, sold in any drug store, grocery store, or on Amazon. I get mine from Walmart. You want the original version. Some of the others have flavors and fragrances that might irritate your skin.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Deborah,

You are an absolute gem!!!

I remember my father used to use this for a bad stomach.

By chance I use today an antacid called Maalox, which contains Magnesium hydroxide. 

You have squared the circle for me. This clearly gives me more choice, and a backup plan if necessary.

Thank you again for your most useful help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! I'm so glad that I was able to help you. Have you tried it yet? It works great for me. It leaves my skin a little dry, but that is easily fixed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, and happy new year.

Not yet, with the Christmas festivities being pretty hectic, and now we have our grandsons staying over this current week over the school holidays. It's been impossible to do anything! 

Next week back to normal life and hoping to start getting things done...

I am confident it will work just fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Kinesiology tape works well for me. Easy to remove and right amount of stick.
Post Reply Post Reply
Neo, I used kinesiology tape, but it hurt like crazy to remove. I can use it with the Milk of Magnesia, however.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using this tape from Amazon.  It seems work really well for me,  sticky and does not hurt. A little expensive.  

3M Kind Removal Silicone Tape

Kevin
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL I want to know the story with how @deborah k came up with this! Was it a scientific guess about the properties of magnesium (i.e. laxative) or that that was the only bottle left on the bathroom shelf after none of the others worked? Was it a child's revenge to suggest it, after months of being spoon fed MofM ad nauseam? Was it an accident? Percentage desperation? Death wish? Do you keep a bottle by your bedside in case your nose gives out in the middle of the night and you need a quick lip-slather? Does the MoM permanently affect your lip quality? Is it hard to stick the tape the next day? Do you find some of it gets absorbed, so your innards move a smidge faster?

Story, please!

Maybe a format for MoM that's like a lip salve/chapstick would be perfect for this purpose?
Post Reply Post Reply
I learned about the Milk of Magnesia trick in a very old post (I think it was from 2006) on another board that I used to frequent.  I could NOT get my leaks under control with the lovely silicone tape I was using.  I researched everything!  I tried using various icky preparations made to hold false teeth in one's mouth applied to my lips.  They seemed to work for lots of people but not for me.  I searched the internet outside of the cpap boards but found nothing.  Then I spent many more hours searching this board and the other board and finally read about the Milk of Magnesia.  It works, even for me, she of the ultra dry, ultra sensitive skin!  Yay!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth Taping Dave77 4 161 10-06-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Dave77
  What was your experience fighting mouth leaks? PersonInNY 32 1,368 10-05-2024, 11:19 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  AHI of 1, but still sleepy, napping, dry mouth yngwiej 21 1,191 10-05-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  is the answer to this data mouth tape? p4ncaketim 3 189 10-03-2024, 09:06 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 14 1,640 09-30-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Started noticing dry mouth in the morning BionicSpud 13 369 09-29-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: eok361
Question [CPAP] Mouth Farts and Exhale Block KsKisser 2 289 09-12-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.