Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mouth leak with new machine
Mouth leak with new machine
Hello
After using a Philips Dream Station for 4 years without problem I am now struggling with mouth leak with my new Resmed 11.  It happened immediately on the first night and it continuously wakes me up.   The Respiratory Therapist is puzzled as she says the settings are the same on both machines.  She wants me to start using a full face mask but I would prefer to use nasal pillows and figure out why each machine is preforming differently.  I’m at a loss and would really appreciate any ideas.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mouth leak with new machine
(03-28-2024, 06:41 AM)LaraM Wrote: Hello
After using a Philips Dream Station for 4 years without problem I am now struggling with mouth leak with my new Resmed 11.  It happened immediately on the first night and it continuously wakes me up.   The Respiratory Therapist is puzzled as she says the settings are the same on both machines.  She wants me to start using a full face mask but I would prefer to use nasal pillows and figure out why each machine is preforming differently.  I’m at a loss and would really appreciate any ideas.

I seem to have the same problem. Used Philips Dream Station 1 and then 2 for years. Some mouth breathing and dryness, and some leaks but machine never indicated large leaks. New Resmed 11 show large leaks with nasal pillows. Ran through a few full face masks but had to stop because of neck pains.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any chance you could post some OSCAR charts? I have links in my signature on downloading/installing OSCAR and how to organise the charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will try. Unfortunately my laptop uses OS 10.12.6, so can't download Oscar to it. Will need to do it on office computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR is preferred, but you could also use SleepHQ for online analysis. The OSCAR gurus here may have some pixie dust to use for installing an older version of OSCAR, but it is beyond my computer skills.

On a different note, I’m glad to see I am not the only Luddite out there who has not upgraded MacOS since the Stone Age.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth Tape Trick for Wimps (like me) Deborah K. 31 4,235 5 hours ago
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 14 1,576 Yesterday, 08:08 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  What was your experience fighting mouth leaks? PersonInNY 29 1,053 Yesterday, 06:59 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  AHI of 1, but still sleepy, napping, dry mouth yngwiej 19 974 09-29-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Started noticing dry mouth in the morning BionicSpud 13 283 09-29-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: eok361
  Should Mask Removal Trigger Leak Alarm? Perchance2Dream 1 79 09-29-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 301 278,453 09-25-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Halian

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.