Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Help with Interpreting Sleep Study
Need Help with Interpreting Sleep Study

Hey Everyone, I hope all is well!

I needed some help interpreting this sleep study. I suspect that I have UARS. I've found that when I use a nasal decongestant spray, claratin, and sleep in an elevated position, my sleep quality increases. But it's still not that good

I see that in the study, I have periods where my heart rate spikes pretty significantly. I'm thinking of getting a used BiPAP just to try and see if there's any improvement. What do you think?

I have attached the full sleep study (first two pages) and WatchPat (last two pages). Thank you in advance. I truly appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Help with Interpreting Sleep Study
Based on the sleep study, I do not see anything to imply you have UARS. O2 is good. Your RDI and AHI are the same, so no arousals were recorded that were not associated with hypopnoea or obstructive events. What I do see are some limb movements, so possibly PLMS or tossing/turning to get comfy. Your AHI alone is not enough for insurance to justify a CPAP machine based on their AHI/RDI<5 standard.

If anyone sees something I am missing, they will let us know.

You could get a used bilevel machine or rent one to give it a try. Worst case you would sell it or return it.

You should start with the basics of sleep hygiene. Give this article a read.

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/sleep-hygiene
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A new study ischua 0 13 1 hour ago
Last Post: ischua
  New here - Post Sleep Study Question Tenley 4 907 09-03-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] starting to use CPAP without sleep study/data help Fantasieimpromptu 2 130 09-03-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Fantasieimpromptu
  Interpreting OSCAR data (relatively new CPAP user) bolivar98 14 630 09-02-2024, 04:44 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [Equipment] Central sleep apnea - titration study didn't work blossom 1 144 08-30-2024, 11:55 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 206 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
  returning APAP'er, help interpreting OSCAR please :) tml678 2 203 08-21-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: tml678

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.