Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help with air leaks
Need help with air leaks
I have the F2 full face mask and have had it for a long time. I struggle with mask leaks from time to time, but lately it is miserable. The leaks are around 100 for the past couple weeks. I have an ASV machine. The thing is I do the mask fit and it is good. The mask is snug and have no problems when I fall asleep, but I get up and I have the frowning face for leaks. I have central sleep apnea and I don't know it it is so bad that the machine's pressure gets so high it pushes the mask around. I do have a call in to the doctor.  

I just set up Oscar and the pressures are set at Epap 7, PS 4-12.  Oscar doesn't have any details for the leak amount.  I hadn't had a SD card in it.

Amy suggestions, thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help with air leaks
Umm…you have to have the SD card in to get the leak data. Record a couple of nights and post the Oscars here. Then, you’ll be able to get more relevant input on issues. You aren’t getting proper therapy unless the leaks are controlled.

Are you meaning an F20 mask? And have you been getting regular replacements for cushions? They degrade and get leaky.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I meant F20.  I get new cushions about every 6 weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone will be along who’s familiar with ASV. That would be above my pay grade.

But great your cushions are current. Our faces can change shape dramatically when we’re asleep. I was horrified when I looked at my face in the middle of the night a few weeks ago, and I looked like a cabbage patch doll.

Let’s get you some help with your Oscar charts and go from there. There are also a lot of posters with F20’s.
Post Reply Post Reply
How old is the mask?  If it was working well and leaks have just recently developed, that may be an indication that it's time to replace the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum ThatGroup7347, glad you made the post (from over at R) Smile

Once we see those Oscar charts we assist you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Does this look good for a screenshot.  I only had one little snore so I left that off.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
This was my lastest chart.  I tried something new and it improved it greatly although I see the machine shut down for a time period again. I took a strap and strapped it over the top of the mask where the hose connects to push it into my face more.  I have the mask so tight how it already is.  My face was pretty marked up and the bridge of my nose was sore.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the Resmed aircurve10 for over 10 years now with the Amara full face mask. Due to air swallowing, noisy air leaks and excessive drying of gums ( even with humidification adjustments). I am trying a chin strap and the nasal mask resmed n20- my ahi numbers are not bad with it at about 5 but it shows the red angry face for high air leaks. I have tried the basic model and the one with foam seal and both are fairly comfortable. I feel like the mask fits well enough so I would like to try the mask fit option to adjust the mask I guess. I have looked but do not see the "run mask fit option" on my options screen- is there another setting that allows that option to show up? Thanks anyone/everyone
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are my last 2 nights.  It looks like I have my leak issue solved.  I just had to really tighten the straps.  Does everything look good to you.  Again thank you for the help.  At least I have another tool to check out what is going on when I am having troubles.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP Newbie - Waking All Night With Mask Leaks Embeeous 14 286 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Embeeous
  Leaks with Brevida pillow mask Ticman1 6 3,741 09-14-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  What was your experience fighting mouth leaks? PersonInNY 13 434 09-12-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: SeePak
Gross Huge leaks after hours of low leaks JoeSierpinski 8 280 09-06-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Struggling with leaks Resmed F40 Karatechop 12 2,104 09-04-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: JPB430
  Increasing AHI despite fewer leaks Aife 22 950 09-04-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [CPAP] Are these leaks expected? caquino 9 549 08-31-2024, 07:50 AM
Last Post: caquino

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.