Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached)
New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached)
[attachment=62613][attachment=62614][attachment=62614][attachment=62612][attachment=62612]Hi team 

Here is my data from Oscar, what settings are ideal and is are my tidal, flow, and mask leak rate good? ? I have not been sleeping well. Here is my last night from the first night of using my bipap. (was a excpap user) with bipap I felt better but I want to maximize my setting for divine sleep. Context I have an ajustable base and the head of the bed is 25 degree up
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached)
Here we see nearly 8 hours in therapy with 0.00 events and with pressure range of 5 to 10 with PS 4, the pressure variance is less than 0.4 cm all night. Negligible flow limits and leaks, solid respiratory statistics and good continuous therapy. There is nothing I can suggest to improve on this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you sleep ride and keep on doing the good work. We appreicate you!

Thank you sleep ride and keep on doing the good work. We appreicate you!

Last question is this good head position for adjustable base

Last question is this good head position for adjustable base?
Post Reply Post Reply
Kind of looks like you're sleeping in a taco shell.  Big Grin     Kidding aside, I also use an adjustable bed, but only elevate the head by 3 inches.  I would lower the head and foot a bit so as not so extreme.  

As Sleeprider notes, your results are near excellent.  If he doesn't see a reason for adjustments... listen to his advice.

As far as not sleeping well, can you elaborate?  Do you wake up several times?

How's is your mask fit?  It does appear from your leak graph (note the spikes) that there is a lot of movement either from you or your mask moving as you move.  
Although you leak rate is good, those small movements can equal disruptive sleep.

Read through the mask primer and see if you can obtain a better fit.  

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep position seems to work for you, but I generally advise against inclining the upper body as it can increase chin-tucking. No suggestion that is a problem for you. My wife uses the same knee pillow. Take a look at a fleece tube cover. It makes everything quieter and more comfortable without a plastic hose. Snuggle Skins on Amazon is what I use.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Long live the taco shell. lol I will admit that after the first night of bipap (after switching from cpap) I feel less tired but I found myself slipping in and out of conscientiousness throughout the night. I am using a nasal pillow mask. Mabye it was just a first night thing. I will share out once I have more nights and data! I will lower the head of the bed 3 inches. and I will buy the Snuggle skin

Long live the taco shell. lol I will admit that after the first night of bipap (after switching from cpap) I feel less tired but I found myself slipping in and out of conscientiousness throughout the night. I am using a nasal pillow mask.  Mabye it was just a first night thing. I will share out once I have more nights and data! I will lower the head of the bed 3 inches. and I will buy the Snuggle skin
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=62715][attachment=62716][attachment=62717]Hi Opal and sleepyrider,

after 2 days here are some data. I still feeling tired in the morning, but not as bad as before and when I looked at my fitbit and temper data (that shows a crazy amount of snoring) it made me feel that something is still up. Help? I could attached everything so here is a google folder with more screenshots
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...drive_link
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New CPAP user, looking for help understanding OSCAR Ksquared716 1 20 6 minutes ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Tweaking Bilevel ahuman 25 1,352 09-10-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: ahuman
  Thinking of Taking a Break Until I Can Get Bilevel Idub88 31 1,055 09-08-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: PlayerTwo
  What generally are the first pressure settings for a new CPAP user ? Tenley 5 373 09-07-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Interpreting OSCAR data (relatively new CPAP user) bolivar98 14 724 09-02-2024, 04:44 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
Question Question about IPAP settings on OSCAR Dreamless 6 287 08-31-2024, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Dreamless
  Bilevel self-titration for UARS ChickenTenders 7 420 08-30-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: ChickenTenders

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.