Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RE: New member
We’ve changed the pressure settings a few weeks ago. I’ve had bloodwork done vitamin bloodwork done thyroid done saw a ent dr said no issues with nostrils have a full face mask sleep with mouth open. Still extremely tired all the time. Had mask on 11 hours last night I just don’t know what else to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would you mind uploading your OSCAR chart with the latest result?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the results from 9/20/24 as there is a gap in last night's data.  I will need to make another post to include a chart of  the changes Ive been making to the settings. I didn't want to change everything at once when changes were previously recommended.  I have noticed that my number of CA events seems to be increasing but it also seems to go up and down, so I'm not sure.   I read that this can be related to the EPR setting.  I turned it off for tonight as an experiment but also increased the minimum pressure to 10. 

Someone had previously suggested increasing the EPR to 3 but to access that setting we need to change the machine from APAP to CPAP. I thought it made more sense to make other changes gradually and then eventually make this change too.

Thank you for the support

Here are the changes Ive been making to my settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2024, 05:17 PM)59Bugeye Wrote: Someone had previously suggested increasing the EPR to 3 but to access that setting we need to change the machine from APAP to CPAP. 

This must be some misunderstanding.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your chart needs to be presented a little differently. Delete the pie chart. That will allow us to important items below. We need to see five items on the chart. You have the first four, but we also need to see Flow Limits, and nothing below that on the first page. We need to see to the very bottom of the Flow Limits part.

P.S. You can use EPR 3 with autoset or cpap. Whoever told you that you can't is wrong.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Your anonymized sleep report would also be beneficial.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thank you for your response.  I tried with a new screen shot.  I moved the Flow limit section up and made them a bit smaller so that they would fit.  I'm hoping that included the correct areas.

The machine that I have wont let me access the EPR setting except to turn it on or off while in APAP mode.  In the APAP mode it is preset at 1.  I do have the option to change the mode to CPAP and then I can adjust the EPR.  At this time I had read that some people have more CAs with the EPR on, so I thought I would try it off for a few nights.  The next step may be changing the mode of the machine it to CPAP.   The OSCAR data makes it seem that the dr changed it from CPAP to APAP in the past.  However he didn't explain this at the time
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2024, 08:05 PM)59Bugeye Wrote: The machine that I have wont let me access the EPR setting except to turn it on or off while in APAP mode. 

Are you able to enter the clinical menu by pressing and holding the two knobs on the front of the instrument simultaneously for about 5 seconds?
Post Reply Post Reply
I just realized you mentioned the anonymized sleep report. Is that under any other term in OSCAR? I will try to find it but I don’t recall that term.

Yes we can access the clinical menu. I found the clinical user manual online. There are a couple of things that I can see in clinical mode but can’t select unless I change it to CPAP.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2024, 07:30 AM)59Bugeye Wrote: I just realized you mentioned the anonymized sleep report.  Is that under any other term in OSCAR? 

You should have obtained your sleep report from the doctor's office when you were diagnosed with OSA.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New member Help! americasclassics 16 696 07-16-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: americasclassics
  [Treatment] New Member - Please Critique My Treatment Plan LuminousOne 4 283 06-09-2024, 09:19 PM
Last Post: LuminousOne
  New Member Intro GiveMeAllTheSleep 3 242 06-04-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: GiveMeAllTheSleep
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 519 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 744 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,570 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 2,036 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.