Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to forum
New to forum
I'm new to this forum but have used forums on other subject in the past, Auto owners, Seniors Living, etc. I've found that forums are very useful in finding information and conversing with others of similar interest. I'm starting my experience with the Inspire Sleep implanted device. At first I thought the introduction and screening process was a little over the top, but the more I learned I certainly realize it is necessary in making a decision of this gravity, it's costly and very invasive.

A little background related to me. I'm a totally disabled Vietnam vet with several disabilities specifically related to sleep apnea and service connected. I was resistive to treatment for sleep apnea mainly because I didn't understand how life threatening it really is. To be honest I had adopted an attitude that is was a way for DME manufactures to enhance sales. Boy have I learned how wrong those beliefs were and are.

In my case the Inspire device was implanted on Thursday and this is now Sunday. Thursday day night my sleep was very sporadic and I accepted that as part of the post op reaction of anesthesia and discomfort normal to surgery in general. Friday was a day of just trying to follow the defined post op guidelines provided by my health care team. During the night Friday I really had a horrible experience. Not only was I not sleeping, but I was in terrible pain. I'm not one to get real anxious when I encounter such events. Since I literally could not move I thought through my situation. My incisions were tender but that wasn't where my great pain came from. It was in my back, frontal torso and legs. 

I forced myself up into a sitting position in bed. I really hate pain meds and the hydrocodone prescribed to me scares me. It was my salvation that night and now my healing process is moving forward. I think my pain was actually a result of the surgical team having to manipulate my body to move me to the postop step of the process.

I promise not to be so verbose in the future, but I'll provide some ongoing information and expect to ask questions of others.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to forum
A big welcome to you and thank-you for your service. You have discovered one of (if not the best) Sleep Apnea Forums known to man. 

There's a great bunch of people here and will assist you as needed.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to forum
It's so interesting to hear what this experience is like.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information A question about the forum itself Abdulfakih 2 341 06-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  New to the Forum jrdtwomey 3 368 05-25-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 782 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 404 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 952 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 3,115 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,970 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.