Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user, Bad Scores.
RE: New user, Bad Scores.
sux that cpap isn't working either, i wouldn't force it if it hurts your ears. normally i would say try EPR, but it could make CAs worse.

yeah i think apap might not be suitable for you, which is why i said talk to your doc about it to update your prescription.

i don't think a repeat sleep study is required, the current data from your machine should be enough. but idk how your sleep doc works maybe he will want another study (so he gets paid maybe?). not sure what a home sleep study would accomplish, would you do it with or without cpap ? the only extra info it would give is heartrate/spO2.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I wasn't clear, I have done only home test, showed 33 AHI, I haven't been to a clinic
Post Reply Post Reply
i'm not sure i guess it depends how your doc likes to work. i think the data from the machine should be enough but i'm no doc Smile maybe he will want to try bipap titration see if it helps or something like that.

the home sleep studies are pretty accurate overall, they just can't determine sleep stage (REM,..) since no brain electrodes (EEG).
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2024, 08:43 AM)Narcil Wrote: maybe try cpap mode one night to see if it helps ? i would set it at 11cm no epr.

Hey what's up?

I followed your suggestion above and at last I got an acceptable score. Definitely helped.

CA is kept to around 1 per hour, which is acceptable. 

I do not understand only the hypopneas index, from the little I know, I thought that hypopnea is mainly caused by minimum pressurre set less than optimal. 
Now that my minimum pressure is 11, how are the hypopneas caused?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
glad it helped. 2.5 is not bad at all. flow rate looks nice and settled.

that's the issue with complex sleep apnea. on one hand you need less pressure to reduce CAs but you also need more pressure to reduce the remaining obstructive events. and apparently 11cm is not enough to remove all obstructive events but i think we found a good sweet spot if it keeps up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2024, 07:03 AM)HalfAsleep Wrote: When your pressure chart looks like the Alps skyline, it often points to a settings issue. However, that’s not my skill set. I’m sure someone will be along to address that.

But, all in all, you’re doing a great job! Your leaks are well-managed, and your AHI is much reduced. The F40 appears to work well for you.

Question…Athens’ air is notoriously smoggy. Do you have to take precautions in your home, so it’s easy to breathe? Air quality might be a factor in your congestion?

Also, could you adjust your charts to the exact layout in Apneaboard’s protocol? Especially, if you could de-select the calendar. Posters need to see ALL the info below the calendar to analyze the stats.

When you see the pressure increasing like how you say that is him going into REM sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low OA, Higher CA Scores Davaadtron 8 680 05-06-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 7 639 04-19-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: jake79
  [Diagnosis] AHI scores - what sort of range do people have? p123 4 769 10-14-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jstro84
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 615 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Looking for flaws in my perfect scores arkona12 4 724 08-03-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: arkona12
  0/20 mask seal scores... please help! 1978 7 3,228 05-21-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Feeling Bad Over Good Scores: Help Please TiredOne789 59 6,260 08-09-2021, 05:09 AM
Last Post: TiredOne789

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.