Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better
Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better
First time post here so forgive me if I do something wrong.  Just downloaded my reports to OSCAR for the first time and looking for some feedback.  5 months into therapy for severe apnea (over 50 AHI) and it's obviously doing its job as far as AHI goes but I still feel like I should feel more refreshed.  Started at pressures of 6-16 and Dr adjusted it to 9-12 about two months ago.  They don't care about my concerns anymore though because my numbers are good Too-funny , they just said it could take months or years to catch up on my sleep debt.  I will attach the screenshots from the past few nights.  If you all look at this and say it all looks pretty solid then I'll just believe the doctor that it will take time. Thanks in advance for your help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better
After some research all I can come up with at this point is that my flow limitation might be a bit high. My EPR is already at 3 so I’m going to increase my min from 9 to 10. Also while in my settings I noticed the custom setting was on standard so I’m going to try soft in hopes it makes me less sensitive to pressure changes. Will post update tomorrow
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2024, 05:37 PM)jake79 Wrote: I’m going to try soft in hopes it makes me less sensitive to pressure changes. 
My experience with the soft setting: My AHI increased because several OA occurred during the slow pressure increase period of the Soft setting. Once it is found that you need higher pressure, you want to reach it quickly to have the treatment benefits. But there is some personal sensitivity factor, of course.
Post Reply Post Reply
took about a year to be stable and two years to get max improvement.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my update from last night after increasing my min pressure from 9 to 10 and pressure changes from standard to soft.  Looks like a much better night!  I would like to say I feel better but my kid has terrible allergies and woke me up a few times and I didn't go back to sleep after 3am so tough to say...Does it make sense that my max pressure is lower after increasing my min pressure??  This is the first time my 99% hasn't been 12.0

Post Reply Post Reply
kwhenrykerr: so I guess just be patient then...5 months is still early
Post Reply Post Reply
In your case, soft pap seems to work much better.  Great job!  Your chart looks much better.  I'm sure you will soon feel better and better with the changes you have made. Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!  Yes, soft def seems to be good for me.  My AHI last night was .24 and flow limit 95th percentile was .06 (see chart below).  I also switched to a N30i mask and I finally have a mask that I actually look forward to sleeping with AND I feel better.  Looks like I just need to figure out how to limit my mouth openings.  I used a chin strap last night but ended up taking it off about 3am.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Symptoms] Does Sleep Apnea Patients feel Worse in 2nd Half of the day? raulmalik 9 212 08-01-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: raulmalik
  Help….starting to feel tired again Internetstranger 9 216 07-31-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New user, Bad Scores. condition 15 381 07-30-2024, 01:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeptechmaster
  TECSA and ASV - Feel terrible even with 0 AHI jordache16 5 241 07-11-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: jordache16
  How Long To Feel Better When Starting CPAP Therapy chuck29 15 570 07-11-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: chuck29
  New to CPAP. AHI low but still feel bad curtiswong 40 1,725 06-28-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
Sad Used CPAP for several months and still feel bad jarrod1893 4 273 06-14-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.