Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full
RE: Fisher and Paykel Evora Full
It is actually VAuto mode. I set it like the S mode, so I could get Flow Limit data. Instead of the S mode being set to EPAP=10/IPAP=15, I set the VAuto to EPAP=10, IPAP Max=15, and PS=5. I don't tolerate pressure changes well.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
Project Manager for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Understood, great
Post Reply Post Reply
yankees123 - Sorry! I was pressed for time and later realized that I was too brief with my statement. Since this thread was about the mask and not my therapy pressures, I left out some details and wanted to fully disclose now I have the time. My original pressure was in the VAuto mode of Min 13, Max 18 and PS of 5. This was my sweet spot for the past 632 days, with an average AHI of 0.13. To find my current setting, I kept dropping just the EPAP pressure until I didn't experience dry mouth. I left the maximum at 18. Using the new settings, my maximum pressure only got to 15.2 cm. I just rounded it off and didn't mention anything else.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Red, now we have the full story.  Continued good luck with this mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I spoke posted too soon about the vent holes.  I am finding them "annoying".   Taping small pieces, 3/4" x 1/2" (19mm x 13 mm), of a Resmed intake filter over the vents to act as a sound diffuser proved to remedy this.

I hope this may help someone.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
That’s a great idea. Can you send a picture and let us know if it works.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let me try it out for a few days before I stick my foot in my mouth . . . again.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok Red, let us know how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Red I truly appreciate all your comments.
I haven't seen this mask yet; I'm interested.

I've found one supplier in Ontario Canada. I hope there will be more soon.

My DME lets me try masks; I hope they weill carry this model.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Just an observation on my part. I notice the noise when I get into bed, before I fall asleep, but not in the morning when I wake. It makes me wonder what is different between the two times. The most obvious possibility that comes to my mind is temperature, but not sure whether that could really make a difference or how. So, for now, still just an observation.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 11 2,566 Yesterday, 12:25 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Switched to full face mask last night. Flow limitation increased obstructedairway101 13 433 10-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: obstructedairway101
  F&P Evora settings Scottiep3369 1 203 10-02-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 22 1,798 10-02-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 67 10,828 09-22-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: mark.apnea
  Dreamwear nasal pillows vs. full face mask arnoblalam 1 252 09-22-2024, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
  My dad's first full night data, is it concerning? (many CAs) EveryBreatheUTake 4 348 09-22-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: EveryBreatheUTake

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.