Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
Is there any hope of the "replacement device" eventually being of the same travel footprint as the Go? or are they just going to send another of the machines they've been sending out?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2023, 04:22 PM)btreger Wrote: I quickly replied for Option 1

Same. Just curious if you received your QR code from FedEx yet? I have not. I did screenshot the FedEx confirmation screen though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2023, 04:22 PM)btreger Wrote: OPTION 1 - Financial payment for the return of affected units: You can select the financial payment option in the Patient Portal to receive $500, based on the manufacturing date of your affected device.

Wait... Thinking-about Blink Blink  Wasn't Philips offering people something like $50 for their old DreamStation machines several months ago in lieu of a replacement unit?  And now $500 for a DreamStation Go unit?

Even at the higher prices for the DS Go units, they sure aren't 10 times more expensive than a regular DreamStation unit...

Why the huge difference?   Dont-know
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I also received this email and I've heard about it on other online forums. I have some questions about it:

1. It sounds like it is up $500 "based on the manufacturing date of your affected device". If I could get $500+ I might consider it. However, I also spent another ~$250 for the DSGo battery...so I'm in for more money, which Philips hasn't said anything about.

2. If you opt for a replacement device, will it be a DSGo, or more likely, a DS1 or DS2? Nowhere does Philip indicate that they're going to be sending out either newly "foamed" DSGo's or either refurbished DSGo's. I'm not interested in another DS1 or DS2. I bought the DSGo because I wanted a travel machine with it's own power source.

Your own choices may certainly vary, but I'm going to wait to hear a little bit more about this.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2023, 04:53 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Wait... Thinking-about Blink Blink  Wasn't Philips offering people something like $50 for their old DreamStation machines several months ago in lieu of a replacement unit?  And now $500 for a DreamStation Go unit?

Why the huge difference?   Dont-know

IIRC, the $50 was for the old System One devices that were NOT being remediated. And I believe that some were being offered as little as $25 for the even older ones.

The DS Go is a much more recent machine and I suspect that the owners are more annoyed that the machine is now a potential cancer causing paperweight, especially since most of them, if not all, likely purchased the machine themselves since insurance doesn't seem to pay for "travel" units. 

Additionally DS Go users had the option to buy the humidifier and battery options, but they are usable only with the DS Go. If you bought into the whole DS Go system, you spent somewhere in the neighborhood (I could be wrong) of ~$1300.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dreamstation Go time!

I also got the email as everyone else did -- took option 1 because I'm not risking getting another @!#$%#@ Dreamstation 1 refurb.

I'll take the $500 just to get this mess out of my hair. I love my new Transcend Micro for travel and disaster recovery. Smile

As a data point - my unit was manufactured in early 2019 (bought in May '19) and received the $500 offer.
meow, I'm a bobcat.

@home: DS1 Auto, F&P HC150, Dreamwear FullFace
@travel: Transcend Micro, USB-C PD cable, Anker GaNPrime 65W brick, Sleepweaver Anew -- all in a dopp bag
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2023, 04:39 PM)adrmannyc Wrote: Same. Just curious if you received your QR code from FedEx yet? I have not. I did screenshot the FedEx confirmation screen though.

No. I'll wait a few days to see what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2023, 05:12 PM)kotaKat Wrote: Dreamstation Go time!

As a data point - my unit was manufactured in early 2019 (bought in May '19) and received the $500 offer.

Mine was in June of 2018...
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2023, 04:28 PM)TwoSleepy Wrote: Is there any hope of the "replacement device" eventually being of the same travel footprint as the Go? or are they just going to send another of the machines they've been sending out?

As of now, they are not manufacturing any travel or Go-type machines. They are not going to refurbish them either.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not received my QR code to return yet either. Any update on your side?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink hwnboy therapy thread hwnboy 68 3,005 2 hours ago
Last Post: hwnboy
  Dang71 Therapy thread dang71 1 55 2 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 33 3,160 9 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  SleepyCPAP’s Treatment Thread - Palatal Prolapse AlaxoStent SleepyCPAP 103 14,312 10 hours ago
Last Post: fudo
  Jayhyouk Oh - Therapy Thread Jayhyouk Oh 18 842 Today, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Tobiathan therapy thread tobiathan 36 1,639 Yesterday, 09:46 PM
Last Post: tobiathan
  [Treatment] NightmaresOfTheBottom - Therapy Help Thread NightmaresOfTheBottom 12 445 10-20-2024, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.