Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
(02-02-2024, 04:46 PM)Gideon Wrote: Sheepish

I do not consider the ResMed AirSense 10 a brick since it has comprehensive data on which you can determine an optimal therapy for that machine.  I do prefer the AutoSet s for their ability to react to events though this does not work for everyone.

You are correct. I'm still getting full data over wifi to my computer via my (sadly discontinued) Toshiba 32Gb FlashAir SD Card and FlashPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a bit confused myself! I registered my recalled Dreamstation BiPAP right off the bat. I returned it ASAP. I was able to secure a new ResMed machine in the meantime, and then received a new, first-gen Dreamstation replacement by mail. Built 8/21. I've used it (the replacement Dreamstation) on occasion when traveling. Is the replacement built 8/21 also recalled and/or subject to the settlement? I did read through the later pages of the thread, but I'm missing something. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2024, 12:59 PM)tpstinson72 Wrote: and then received a new, first-gen Dreamstation replacement by mail. Built 8/21. I've used it (the replacement Dreamstation) on occasion when traveling. Is the replacement built 8/21 also recalled and/or subject to the settlement? I did read through the later pages of the thread, but I'm missing something. 

VERIFY

Yes, the FDA recommends using replacement Philips CPAP devices

“The remediated sleep and respiratory care devices that contain the new silicone foam may continue to be used according to their instructions for use,” a Philips representative told VERIFY. 

The FDA also recommends consumers continue using the replacement device, but adds that “at this time, the FDA does not have sufficient information to conclude whether the silicone-based foam being used in the repaired devices poses any risk to patients in the U.S.”

Philips CPAP machine recalls and safety issues VERIFIED | verifythis.com

I would try to return it under The Class Action Settlement Agreement. 
   Good luck Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I don't need a second machine, and may as well get something for it!
Post Reply Post Reply
We both received our DS1 replacements, featuring the new and improved carcinogenic foam. Of course, they managed to send us one refurbished DS1 and one new DS2, requiring us to stock different supplies. And Philips very current answer for the Dreamstation Go is below. Obviously, they don't have a solution for much of anything. At this point, we're both scheduled for a visit to get Rx for new units, we're both eligible thru our insurance carrier. And, yes, we do plan to have it written for another brand, most likely F&P since they seem to have a great warranty and solid algorithm.

"You have elected to receive an Auto-adjusting CPAP as a replacement device.
What happens next?
Your order will be processed, and that status will be reflected in the Patient Portal and if you registered your device with an email address, you will receive an email notification. If you are not currently receiving email updates, please call 1-877-907-7508 to update our information.
If you need to find a new doctor to manage your therapy after you receive your replacement device, you can check with your insurance or Medicare plans or use one of these online resources (unaffiliated with Philips Respironics)."
Post Reply Post Reply
Got my System One ASV replacement refurbished machine finally (USA). Don't trust the company at all. Mailed back the old System One with their free shipping label, gave the "new" ASV machine away, signed up for the $100 settlement with the class action suit. Done with this company and all the hassles and guesswork. ResMed ASV working great. Phillips be gone......
Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone been able to find out the replacement coverage amount or percentage for customers that bought their own replacement?

I have to read through the settlement doc again, but my recollection is that it says there will be a replacement payment, but didn’t specify how much that would be.
Post Reply Post Reply
I called Philips after getting the settlement notice.  The guy I talked to said we would get all the money back that we paid for the replacement machine.   I doubt it very much, in the settlement Philips said " You may be eligible for a Device Replacement Award".  They didn't say that you would get all your money back, just an award.  I am guessing that the fund will be depleted and that we will get next to nothing.  I hope I am wrong, but normally the lawyers get all the money and the affected parties get zip.  
I am not an expert...just a long time user.

OSCAR - The Guide
Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
Positional Apnea

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2024, 08:07 AM)Old Steve Wrote:   I hope I am wrong, but normally the lawyers get all the money and the affected parties get zip.  

I think you may be confusing the Class Action Lawsuit and the Device Replacement Award. The first one involves lawyers and a Federal Judge and is meant for people who have suffered provable medical conditions.

The second is for devices. The two main parts of this are the ability to return your recalled device and receive $100, or if you have purchased a replacement device and prove that with an invoice you can receive up to $1500.

Hopefully, you find this helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am talking about being totally reimbursed for the cost of the CPAP machine that we purchased to replace the Philips CPAP that was recalled. 

The following is from the top of page four of the proposed class action settlement, by the heading Device Replacement Award.  It says "you may be eligible for a Device Replacement Award."  If Philips stated in the proposed settlement that the "award" was a total reimbursement for all that you spent, up to $1500 for a replacement CPAP then I sure missed it,  I would really appreciate knowing where I can find the statement that says that.
I am not an expert...just a long time user.

OSCAR - The Guide
Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
Positional Apnea

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 33 3,143 41 minutes ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
Wink hwnboy therapy thread hwnboy 66 2,980 1 hour ago
Last Post: Jay51
  SleepyCPAP’s Treatment Thread - Palatal Prolapse AlaxoStent SleepyCPAP 103 14,265 1 hour ago
Last Post: fudo
  Dang71 Therapy thread dang71 0 22 2 hours ago
Last Post: dang71
  Jayhyouk Oh - Therapy Thread Jayhyouk Oh 18 817 4 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Tobiathan therapy thread tobiathan 36 1,634 Yesterday, 09:46 PM
Last Post: tobiathan
  [Treatment] NightmaresOfTheBottom - Therapy Help Thread NightmaresOfTheBottom 12 445 10-20-2024, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.