Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar 1.5.1 crashes - M1 Mac Sonoma 14.3.1
Oscar 1.5.1 crashes - M1 Mac Sonoma 14.3.1
Hello,
I've used up to 1.5.0 without issues. I recently downloaded 1.5.1 and went to open it. it crashes immediately with the attached crash report. 

M1 processor,  Mac Sonoma 14.3.1

Anything else I should test? I'll try to compile 1.5.1 when I have a moment and will happily test any fixes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar 1.5.1 crashes - M1 Mac Sonoma 14.3.1
You could temporarily add OSCAR to 'Privacy & Security > Full Disk Access' to establish if it's a rights issue?

I'm running OSCAR 1.5.1 on an M2 Mac Mini / Sonoma 14.3.1 and not had any problems ...so far!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you still have the OSCAR.dmg file, you could run a sha256 checksum and compare it to the one listed on the download page. The checksums for all installers can be found under the Documents, listed after all the O/S platform listings.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
i can try to reproduce the problem if you can provide it.
please make an archive of the sdcard. and include your user handle and the device name.
copy the archive to https://www.dropbox.com/request/H8ffFRuGtVmiUNWA2YbV
LoudSnorer
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, 
Granting full disk access worked as a workaround. I believe this is still a bug as oscar did not prompt for permissions needed. Might need to update the plist file or gracefully handle requesting folder permissions.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’d gave OSCAR Full System Rights when I was migrating from my old Intel Mac to a new Mac M2 a couple of weeks ago. I had a couple of glitches back the, but just put it down to the messiness of the specific upgrade process (OS update, processor change and migrating applications via Time Machine). I’d not yet gone back to tighten up access rights.

I have just now (as a test), removed Full Systems Rights from OSCAR and it still seems to work. So it might be worth switching Full System Rights OFF again and try OSCAR to see if it then still works. It might be that in assigning Full System Rights, it has allowed the plist file to be refreshed.

Alternatively, with Full System Rights removed, you might try deleting (or renaming) the ‘org.oscar-team.OSCAR.plist’ file and see if it recreates a clean version.

Just in case it is of any use, here’s a list of all the OSCAR related locations / files on my system.

APP /Applications/OSCAR.app

DATA /iCloud Drive/Documents/OSCAR_Data

FILE /iCloud Drive/Documents/OSCAR_DatahiResolutionMode.txt

Hidden Directories / Files

FILE** /Users/Username/Library/Application Support/CrashReporter/OSCAR-xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx.plist

FILE /Users/Username/Library/Preferences/org.oscar-team.OSCAR.plist

DIR /Users/Username/Library/Saved Application State/org.oscr-team.OSCAR.SavedState

DIR /private/var/folders/v8/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/C/org.oscar-team.OSCAR

**The crash report listed above was created during my system migration and is only included for completeness.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR is a Qt application. Here are some issues related to running QT on a MAC.

From perplexity.ai
Common issues when running Qt on a Mac include:

1. **Accessing Restricted Folders**: Qt Creator may repeatedly ask for access to restricted personal folders, such as the Documents folder, which can be an annoyance[2].

2. **Bundle Structure**: Mac OS X handles applications as "bundles," which are directory structures that group related files together. GUI applications must be run from a bundle or by using the open(1) command, as Mac OS X needs the bundle to dispatch events correctly and for accessing the menu bar[4].

3. **Menu Bar and Native Widgets**: Qt provides support for the Global Menu Bar with QMenuBar, and macOS users expect certain conventions to be respected, such as the application menu containing About, Preferences, Quit, and more. Qt handles these conventions, although it does not provide a means of interacting directly with the application menu. Additionally, Qt applications run as first-class citizens, using Cocoa internally to communicate with the operating system[2].

4. **Symbol Visibility Warnings**: In the context of linking C++ libraries, it is important to be aware of symbol visibility warnings as they directly affect the deployment of applications. Qt provides a deploy tool, macdeployqt, to simplify the deployment process[2].

5. **Frameworks and Debug Versions**: By default, Qt is built as a set of frameworks, and frameworks always link with release versions of libraries. If the debug version of a Qt framework is desired, specific steps need to be followed to ensure that the debug version is loaded[4].

6. **Accelerators and Menu Events**: There are specific issues related to accelerators in QMenu objects and handling of menu events in the native menu bar on macOS[4].

7. **Qt Creator Installation**: When installing Qt Creator on macOS, it is important to ensure that the system software is up-to-date and that Xcode command-line tools are installed[5].

These are some of the common issues reported when running Qt on a Mac. It's important to refer to the official documentation and community forums for any additional or specific issues that may arise.

Citations:
[1] https://forum.qt.io/topic/13451/qt-is-no...g-on-a-mac
[2] https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/macos-issues.html
[3] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2035...ac-windows
[4] https://het.as.utexas.edu/HET/Software/h...ences.html
[5] https://web.stanford.edu/dept/cs_edu/res...nstall-mac
LoudSnorer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Won't load profile - Sonoma 14.4.4 MacBook Pro breathingwell 2 492 04-22-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: kderevan
  Cannot run Oscar on Mac Studio w/Sonoma 14.4 Morseman 4 462 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Morseman
  Mac Sonoma 14.2.1 Columbiabill 12 1,743 01-22-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: DenverAPAP
  Buidling OSCAR on macOS Sonoma (14.2.1) hisaotsu 2 729 01-08-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Crashes when Changing the Language hisaotsu 7 1,338 11-29-2023, 05:42 AM
Last Post: hisaotsu
  OSCAR Problems on Mac Sonoma 14.0 kenhh 6 1,464 11-05-2023, 01:40 AM
Last Post: WW4B
Question OSCAR crashes when importing data from DeVilBissBLU CPAP philippetla 2 827 02-02-2022, 05:37 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.