Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Data for review
Oscar Data for review
New CPAP user.  

Dx: Severe Sleep Apnea
Started with CPAP April 2024 - ResMed 10 Auto Set
Mask: PR Hybrid
54yo Female

I'm generally tolerating the mask well but having "clear airway" events (I only had 2 Central Apneas on my sleep study).  I read they may decrease with time but I'm still averaging a AHI between 5-10 each night.  I sleep on my back most of the time but do have an adjustable bed so I'm not flat.  

I tried reducing the EPR to 2 but found my mouth filled with air so its currently at 3. Physician set my original range 6-20 and I raised it to 7 to see if it helped.  

Asking for feedback on my reports.  

THANK YOU for any advice you may have.  

Rigidly

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Data for review
Hi rigidly, welcome to the forum Smile Your OA and CA events need to be remedied for sure, this will lower your ahi score as well. Regarding pressure settings I would raise your minimum pressure up a bar to 8cm and lower your max pressure to 14cm (narrowing the range will help with micro arousals during the night). Some of the CA events look to be clustered as well, these events can be caused by chin tucking so please try to sleep on a flat pillow and try keeping on your sides as much as you can.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Data for review
I'd leave your EPR at 3. You need it to control the flow limits, plus it makes most people's sleep more comfortable. Also, your CAs are treatment-emergent and will lessen on their own as time passes. I would not worry about them. Your AHI will drop as your body adjusts to therapy.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Advice with OSCAR Data sploomb 3 164 4 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Help analyzing Oscar data Rosebearjoey 4 59 4 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events? Santino 8 319 Yesterday, 12:37 PM
Last Post: SeePak
  New member looking for Oscar data help mttm 15 548 Yesterday, 08:45 AM
Last Post: mttm
Surprised Help Interpreting Oscar data HN2207 13 347 Yesterday, 07:13 AM
Last Post: HN2207
  [CPAP] Please help understanding OSCAR data; AHI 5.5 and still drowsy -_- twomashi 4 206 10-03-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 45 2,246 10-02-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.