Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Paying for supplies - newbie
Paying for supplies - newbie
previously defaulted to ordering supplies through the original CPAP vendor I was connected with when therapy started. A year later, my question is, how does one go about ordering supplies in the "open market?" I am on Medicare and also have a Med Supp plan (G). S my question is...can I just go out and buy stuff on my own and do I submit receipts to Medicare, or, do I have to go through a medical supplies co. (like the one I was using - Adapt) and that's the only way. Just wondering how to go about this and what is the easiest way to buy stuff I need in the future.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Paying for supplies - newbie
AFAIK you cannot get your insurance to pay for supplies that you buy online, but it never hurts to ask. To answer your question, you contact equipment suppliers (either online suppliers or brick and mortar) and ask them if they take your insurance. Have a copy of your prescription handy, as they will ask for it.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree.  I ordered a ResMed machine during the Philips debacle, and my insurance would not pay for it.  If you don't like your DME, switch to another one.  We use Aeroflow and receive regular supply shipments from them with no problem.  I'm sure there are lots more, that's just the one I found when I was unhappy with my original DME.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
What ever you do don’t use Apria. I’m now at 6 weeks waiting on a new machine based on the Medicare 5 yr schedule. And yes , I did the face to face with my Dr. and he documented that I use it and I need it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Medicare paid for my new machine, but does not pay for consumables like mask, hoses, filters.  I buy those from Amazon and other online sources.  My dme supplier would love to sell me these, but they are usually twice the price as online.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use ROTECH as my DME supplier. The one I use is Sleep Central in Kentucky. They send me an email message every few months notifying me that it's time to reorder supplies. They verify what I'm eligible for. 

I learned earlier this year that I have a ROTECH DME locally. Not sure how long they have been there though. 

Anyways, between Medicare and my supplemental insurance, I have zero out-of-pocket costs.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Trying to make sense of my OSCAR data (newbie) aardvarkpineapple 1 80 11 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Waking Up - Newbie Help lowlyradar 3 241 09-30-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: R750R
  CPAP Newbie - Waking All Night With Mask Leaks Embeeous 37 1,475 09-26-2024, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Embeeous
  Newbie: CA events alangrima 3 245 09-25-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: alangrima
  [CPAP] Newbie to OSCAR - why mask leakage rate is so high thanh.oz 1 195 09-22-2024, 06:37 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Sad [Treatment] Newbie: can't stay asleep longer than 1 hour with mask on KianaBeth 8 354 09-17-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Newbie and oscar data Trasto 5 345 09-14-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Old Steve

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.