Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pillows mask, drooling
Pillows mask, drooling
Hi !
I'm using a nasal pillows mask (airfit p30I). MY ahi numbers are ok (I guess); between 0.5 and 2. There's no leak shown on the Resmed app. The thing is that sometime I wake up and I notice that I've been drooling over my pillow. So it means that my mouth open at night.

Does it compromise the treatment ?

Does it means that my AHI numbers are not accurate ?

THanks !
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pillows mask, drooling
Drooling doesn't necessarily mean that you're experiencing a high leak rate, although a high leak rate can compromise your data.

The only way to gauge your leaks is to take a look at your OSCAR chart.

Post some data when you get a chance.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I'll update my Oscar data later. The resmed app, says 0l/min leak (2.4l/min last night)
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems pretty good.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear nasal pillows vs. full face mask arnoblalam 1 103 09-22-2024, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Full Face Mask Issues vs Nasal Pillows Issues FozzyDaBear 8 323 09-17-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: FozzyDaBear
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 528 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] F&P Nova Micro nasal pillows mask carnuntum 2 339 08-26-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: carnuntum
  P10 Nasal Pillows to F40 Airfit Full Face Mask Settings? stevesleep 3 301 08-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Slight Mouth Leaks With Nasal Pillows Airfit P10 - Change Mask? stevesleep 6 453 08-08-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How often to change P10 pillows Cranberry Ray 32 8,405 08-07-2024, 03:12 AM
Last Post: ahuman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.