Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
I took a close look at 2:40 and attach a screenshot....

I would really appreciate help, so I might understand what I'm missing.

Once again,  I put my Knightsbridge Dual Strap helmet on first. It's an XL.

Next I put the appropriate ResMed N20 mask on. It has a Large headgear. (My Medium head gear pops a strap because of where the lower straps are on the Knightsbridge). Large headgear/medium cushion insert, because that's my size.)

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
The chart recorded exhalation but not inhalation around 2:39. One interpretation is that you breathed in through your mouth and exhaled, at least partially, through your nose. An alternative interpretation is that you inhaled, held your breath, exhaled a little bit, held your breath some more, completed exhaling and started to inhale. This pattern might be associated with repositioning yourself, rolling over, etc. I know I will often hold my breath for a short while when repositioning myself in the bed.

I also see flat-topped inhalation flow that is usually an artifact of flow limitations, which your flow limitations graphs shows that you have.

It looks like you were breathing more shallowly for a while around 2:40. If indeed you had changed position earlier, that would be a slight arousal and it might take a minute or so to resume normal sleep breathing.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks GuyScharf! I truly appreciate your response.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
BreakThrough with my gear
Hi,  it's not my gear. It's the way I use it.

Putting on my Knightsbridge Dual Strap is good.

But my ResMed N20 doesn't play nice with the KDS.  The headgear gets hung up on the KDS velcro when i put it on. Not always...but when it does I have bad leaks. Next time I'll try another mask. Nasal mask? Nasal Pillows?  Need something quiet....

Last night I went to bed late.. Have to do something about that. Smile
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Rookie apap questions
Im not used to seeing as many pressure changes with my new apap....why does this happen? 

Thanks!

Dave
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, what are we comparing against. This thread is 33 pages and over 325 posts. If you want us to compare an old and new machine result, you're going to have to make it easier.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's ok. I'm a beginner with OSCAR. I used a cpap for 30 years. But that's over.

Feelings are good. I just don't know why the apap pressure changes so much. Should I just have faith and know that it's working?

(I suffered with a medical system that didn't care about real treatment and improved sleep quality. Long as the counter showed enough hours for the days I had, I was compliant.)

I don't mean to intrude. I'm just trying to learn. I'm embarrassed that I've written so much, but I want good sleep and the best treatment I can get. (My good friend's about 70. He was diagnosed about 3 years ago. His sleep study showed AHI of 103. Darn that's awful. At least I was diagnosed about 30 years ago, because I insisted on a sleep study.)

Keep the shiny side up,

Dave
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, it was not meant as criticism or that you should not ask questions. I mistakenly thought you were comparing current pressure changes to older ones. Your current pressure moves within a 1.5-cm range which is very little. We can see these small movements are related to brief increases in flow limitation or the singular OA event. Looks great to me!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!

I see no purpose in keeping the old stuff. Just takes up space.

Keep the shiny side up!

(My COVID wish. Trying to be happier. )
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I woke up about 2?30 in pain. From doing up the Knightsbridge chin strap too tight.

Took my mask off/took off the Knightsbridge.  Did it up loose.

All in all it was a pretty good night after that. Just a little mouth breathing with a loose KDS on.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] APAP Settings Review falcon940 2 187 10-23-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: falcon940
  ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help ac123 25 1,552 10-23-2024, 12:47 PM
Last Post: ac123
  SleepyCPAP’s Treatment Thread - Palatal Prolapse AlaxoStent SleepyCPAP 103 14,500 10-22-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: fudo
  Review My Oscar Data; Any Recommendations? Websurfer49 1 114 10-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Help With CPAP Treatment (Oscar Help) Bosox6177 2 150 10-19-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bosox6177
Question Central Apnea - Treatment Emergent vs Altitude ausername 4 245 10-17-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] New issues after 4 years of treatment Compton2233 4 252 10-17-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Compton2233

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.