Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
Too much of a good thing. Oh well, live and learn.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2020, 10:13 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Too much of a good thing. Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks.
Last night was even better, and I feel good after waking up. Good night's sleep.

DL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed N20 + Knightsbridge Dual Strap
Not good....last night's leakage was severe.

I am getting good putting the Knightsbridge Strap on. It doesn't play well with the head gear on my ResMed N20 mask.

The velcro on the KDS grabs the fabric on the head gear. I *think* that's the reason for the problem I saw last night.

I had no issue two nights ago.

I feel helpless. I don't know how to read the Oscar charts. I wish I had the skill to look at that screenshot and know if it was caused by my position sleeping, or my mask.

I'll post my ResMed sleep report. It says I have good mask seal.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Screenshot......zoomed in....
[attachment=28746]I zoomed in -- way in. Hoping this helps...
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Massive mouth leaks.  Either manage to keep your mouth shut or use an FFM.  What about taping?

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much multicast.

I'm claustrophobic. I can't keep a FFM on at night. I've tried 7 at least on loan. I wish I could. Last I tried was a ResMed F20.

Taping may be the answer.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
As there had to be an answer, try taping.  I'm very happy with it: can there be a sleep without tape?  Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
those leaks may (or may not) be disturbing but none are over the red line. I'm going through a spell of unusually low leaks for a change but I often have much worse leaks than that. do what you can to reduce them but don't let it worry you. as you know, results vary night to night, week to week, etc. so what looks bad now will get better and what looks good now will get worse. overall, your chart looks good to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.

I've been happy with my mask choice, until recently.
I've used a chin strap or home-made cushion under my chin for years. Reason? Claustrophobia. I've tried so many Full Face Masks.

I've admired the Knightsbridge Dual Strap since I bought it. It's so much better than the PapCap I used to use. Looking at MyAir my portrayal of mask fit is like a roller coaster.

Larry advocates using the KDS doing traps up tightly. My first few nights were perfect. That was quite a while ago. I've actually done it up so tight it woke me up. And it was uncomfortable.

multicast and sheepless I appreciate you answering.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2020, 03:27 PM)DaveL Wrote: I've used a chin strap or home-made cushion under my chin for years.  Reason? Claustrophobia.  I've tried so many Full Face Masks.

How long has it been since you last tried a FFM? The reason I ask is because if it's been a while you may find that you have adapted to CPAP therapy well enough that you can now tolerate a FFM. That's what happened to me.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] APAP Settings Review falcon940 2 188 10-23-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: falcon940
  ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help ac123 25 1,557 10-23-2024, 12:47 PM
Last Post: ac123
  SleepyCPAP’s Treatment Thread - Palatal Prolapse AlaxoStent SleepyCPAP 103 14,501 10-22-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: fudo
  Review My Oscar Data; Any Recommendations? Websurfer49 1 115 10-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Help With CPAP Treatment (Oscar Help) Bosox6177 2 150 10-19-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bosox6177
Question Central Apnea - Treatment Emergent vs Altitude ausername 4 246 10-17-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] New issues after 4 years of treatment Compton2233 4 253 10-17-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Compton2233

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.