Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
otoh, it seems you might be on he verge of finally figuring it out (yay!). it seems reasonable to think your moving around will subside once you finally find that elusive mask that works for you.

although, I'm assuming discomfort & fit (leaks) are the problem.

you've mentioned feeling claustrophobic a number of times. if that's triggering unconscious mask adjustments, additional mitigation might be necessary.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
Pmax too low?
Thanks sheepless. I appreciate the lead to thinking better.  I've had 5 N20 masks IIRC.  Time for a change.

edit:  This is the most recent screenshot from last night.

It looks like my Pmax was too low.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Movement reduced
Life lesson relearned.  Simple things first
1. Give myself enough space.  (don't lie at edge of bed)
2. Use a bean-pillow touching my left shoulder (did this when I broke my left shoulder, so I could sleep)  Pillow there, I don't move to my left. Maybe I need another on my right shoulder?  Wink
3. Talk--I don't move when I nap on the couch.  So why do I move on my bed?
4. Get a new bed?

Last night I had 11 movements that triggered the video camera. That's about 1/6th of the number I had the night before.

Feeling
-so tired. It'll take a while.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
sheepless thanks for your message.

I *think* I've figured it out. Your messages have all helped.

I'm tired. Time to work....
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I assume you mask up when napping on the couch (?) or you would have noted that obvious difference potentially explaining the difference in movement. I also assume you're prone on the couch, removing the obvious difference between sitting and lying down?

most naps are light sleep. have you noted if your nighttime mask adjustments predominantly occur in any particular sleep stage(s)?

do your movements correspond to events (if so, mostly oa or ca?) or areas of larger breaths seen in your (choppy) flow rate?

idk what feeling claustrophobic is like but apart from that I would think we mess with our masks when they are uncomfortable, leaking or we're under-ventilated. can you tell from your video (and ideally, checking your oscar charts against the time of your movements) if associated with leaks or discomfort? I don't think you've ever mentioned feeling air starved so probably not that.

re feeling claustrophobic, is it only with ffm's? have you tried the bleep mask? idk anything about it but it sounds like the least intrusive of all masks (it tickles me to to say it has a relatively small 'footprint').
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
sheepless==confession time. As I've been tireder and more...I lie on the couch to watch tv. No mask/machine. That's been happening for a month or so, and a couple of times a week. Rest of the time I've been sitting up. I *think* I don't need to be concerned sitting up.

I don't know anything about the bleep except for what I've read here.

FFM---claustophobia for me is not being able to keep my mask on. Goes back to more invasive masks. 2? months ago I tried a number of the new wide open FFM's and they leaked terribly for me. My numbers were high too. I kept one on F30? for almost 4 hours and took it off. The leakage was severe.

I've talked to my DME supplier. They have loaned me masks a bunch of times. They are a 60 mile drive away times two. They wil loan me one mask at a time, for a week. I've ordered the Respironics strap that modifies the P or N30i from amazon canada. My intention was to get the nasal pillows version with the inserts in the nostril. Benefits will pay, or used to. Benefit carrier is nasty. I lost my coverage for a couple of years when I reached an age... I shall try to get a couple of masks on loan and see if the P or N 30i and a full face mask can come home with me. If benefits don't pay the $300 CDN I'll be ticked. Time to call the provider.

Laughing at "footprint"
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Rough rough night. My fault.
I borrowed two masks from my DME supplier.  

First one last night...P30i's.  They provided 2 nose pieces. I put the large ones in. They are nasal pillows; fit inside my nostrils.

Woke up at 12;30 and my nose was sore.  Woke up again at 4:00 and put the medium ones in.

It wasn't a good night's sleep.

Feeling--tired.  worn out.  Brain won't work.  (survived departmental meeting. Just.  Almost phoned in sick.)

Dave
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I think I need to buy a brick cpap
Two nights using a P30i I borrowed....

First night felt awful.

Second night I felt ok. Until I looked at my SD card.

Last night showed I slept much better on my video.  I moved as 1/3 as much as the night before.  Perhaps 15 videos.  1/2 leg movements. 1/2 arm movements.  didn't know that that the mask leaked so badly the way I used it.  I was taped. I had cervical collar on. P30i mask with medium inserts. They hurt a little. The large inserts hurt a lot night before Feel this mask sucks for me. I have the Respironics adapter ordered from amazon.

But I look at the OSCAR readout.And I'm ticked at myself. I don't have the skill to interpret why my mask leaked. I thought that this mask would work for me.

I look at the mask from first night of trial. Last hour's sleep was with the same medium insert. But no tape. I did put on the collar for the last hour. 

Last night I used it all (tape, collar, medium P30i) and the leakage was intolerable. And I didn't know until I looked at OSCAR.  I'm frustrated. And I feel really stupid. I woke up and thought--there. A good night's sleep. What the heck?

Dave
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
You could post the OSCAR shot and someone will help break down the leaks. I tend to think spikey looking patterns to be mask leaks, while an elevated, somewhat flattened, round ended pattern to be a mouth leak.

You mention while using the P30i, you say the pillows are inside your nostrils. This should only be a very slight amount, from my recollection of trying to use the same mask.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry to read that the P30i is not really cutting it right off the bat. Are you able to post a screenshot from the data?

Are the leaks spiky or you still having mouth breathing plateaus?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] APAP Settings Review falcon940 2 187 10-23-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: falcon940
  ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help ac123 25 1,551 10-23-2024, 12:47 PM
Last Post: ac123
  SleepyCPAP’s Treatment Thread - Palatal Prolapse AlaxoStent SleepyCPAP 103 14,500 10-22-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: fudo
  Review My Oscar Data; Any Recommendations? Websurfer49 1 114 10-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Help With CPAP Treatment (Oscar Help) Bosox6177 2 150 10-19-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bosox6177
Question Central Apnea - Treatment Emergent vs Altitude ausername 4 245 10-17-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] New issues after 4 years of treatment Compton2233 4 251 10-17-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Compton2233

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.