Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
Dave & nightgagger, sorry. I forgot to add the scans...they're on now....

night gagger I was taped last night I hope well enough.

Night before, I was not taped. Simply mask by itself until I got up the last time. I put the cervical collar on, put the mask back on with the smaller--medium--inserts. Nose hurt from the large ones...

I may have overtightened the mask frame to prevent leaks. The Respironics fitting I ordered should be delivered today according to amazon.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't done any kind of analysis but think you had better charts including fewer leaks, maybe fewer ca, at lower min pressure. in the latest screenshot pressure barely went over your current min of 14, suggesting it may be higher than necessary.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok Thanks, I appreciate it.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
January 15 chart looks like a long mouth leak. That was maybe the night with no tape. The other January 14, segment 1 within the 3 was some mask spikey leaking.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave that really helps a lot. Except Jan 15 I taped. Jan 14th I didn't. Clearly I need to tape differently. Thanks!

Dates are wrong. I'm a day ahead. Must be living in Australia. Not Canada

I've been taping with a single piece of tape, vertical. Two inches wide. I had the tape covering my mouth completely from the right side towards the left. So there was a gap on th left side

I will try a longer piece of tape and cover corner to corner and beyond.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Let's see what you get next.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Laughing at myself
What a night.

AHI through the roof.

I might as well turn the apap off.
P30i trial .  Oh my.

Dave

1. Mouth fully taped. One piece of tape fully across my mouth. 
2. Soft cervical collar on
3. Respironics attachment for head gear wasn't received from Amazon, so not used
4. P30i mask with the medium inserts
5. Video on. I haven't looked at it.

Feeling....awful.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Laughing at myself
What a night.

No. I don't have CSR.  But I sure had a rough night.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
well that was a wreck.

pressure could've gone to 19 but maxed at 14.2 so hard to figure reducing pressure was the reason. otoh, epap reduced to a max of 11.2 might explain some of the oa (but I lean toward probably not, considering your results at various settings). you could try raising that a bit by bumping min to 13 or reducing epr to 2 again.

personally, when I feel things coming apart, I go back to basics. I'd re-titrate myself with a single fixed pressure. once you find the setting that best treats your oa, you can reintroduce epr & then maybe a range between min & max. meanwhile, keep looking for a vauto or asv. maybe vauto's timing controls will help stabilize your breathing.

leaks were great for the first 3 hours & a 40 minute stretch after 4am. otherwise, your mask gave you problems the rest of the night. if you can figure out why the difference, you might be home free. any insight from video?

could be something else entirely going on, not pap related, but finding a good mask is obviously pivotal.

sleep labs routinely try out a number of masks on people in for titration. i wonder if you or you doc could persuade one to let you take your machine in between titration patients to let you run through their mask inventory. or maybe a dme provider would let you try their masks with your your machine in their facility.

I have mixed feelings about suggesting this but maybe you should take your charts & list of complaints to your doctor. or a reputable sleep doc. the trick will be to be persistent & not let them off the hook. insist on monthly appointments, for example, until problems are clearly resolved.

I hope others have ideas because I'm fresh out.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
At what settings have your results been at their best, with all the recent changes? It looks like 14-19 with EPR 3 was working well, so maybe go back to that? And then work on the mask fit.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] APAP Settings Review falcon940 2 187 10-23-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: falcon940
  ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help ac123 25 1,551 10-23-2024, 12:47 PM
Last Post: ac123
  SleepyCPAP’s Treatment Thread - Palatal Prolapse AlaxoStent SleepyCPAP 103 14,500 10-22-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: fudo
  Review My Oscar Data; Any Recommendations? Websurfer49 1 114 10-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Help With CPAP Treatment (Oscar Help) Bosox6177 2 150 10-19-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bosox6177
Question Central Apnea - Treatment Emergent vs Altitude ausername 4 245 10-17-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] New issues after 4 years of treatment Compton2233 4 251 10-17-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Compton2233

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.