Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
I don't use a cloth liner on the mask.
I can't tell that there's a leak--I'm hard of hearing and don't use hearing aids at night.
I did use a video camera for a while. I move a lot...a fabric hose cover helps and prevents drag on the bedding.

My mask of choice is now a ResMed N20. My "medium" is overdue for replacement. My "large" was good last night. I'm surprised, because this is the first time it's sealed well since it was new.
I can't use an N30i because of leaks
I can't use a P30i because of leaks & pain!
And my F&P Evora Full is fine for one night, then awful for a string of nights due to leaks.
I've used tape on my lips and a soft cervical collar for some time...but wish I didn't have to!

DAveL
Toronto

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Humidification
Watched a lanky lefty video. He said he doesn't use humidification and said why.

Took my tank off my S10 ResMed. I have the cover plate and put it on.  Left the heated hose on. Left the pressures as they were.

Result? Felt fine.  But since I woke up I have quite a nose bleed.  Joys of blood thinners and being a heart patient.

Is it because I didn't use the water tank?

DaveL
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Some of the suggestions by Lefty leave me perplexed. Huh My best advise, do what works best for you. Just because you heard it on the internet from a self-proclaimed expert (including me), doesn't make it true for you. CPAP therapy is a highly individual therapy, and there is no single solution applicable to all.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider!

It's the only change I've made.
Tank will be on tonight with water in it. I woke up 4 hours ago. Still having issues. But I'm glad to be alive with my 3 stents and medicine pouch.

Thinking of Harley again...

And thoroughly enjoying the Jeep Rubicon in the snow.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Horrible Night--changes--next night better
That was a heck of a day.

So:
* Taped my lips
* Used chin cushion
* ResMed N20 nasal mask

Felt better.  Here are screenshots for the two nights.

Date is wrong on my machine. It thinks I am in Australia

DaveL

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like the tape really helped. You might try pursing your lips while applying to get a better seal. It has taken me some practice to get it both sealed and comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks TechieHippie!

I have a homemade jaw cushion. I've been using that. However, I can't get the pad any more. And the ones I have are darn near worn out. I've used it for years

Much appreciated. I'll try that tonight.

The tape was recommended by Lanky Lefty. I find it hurts coming off.

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, the trick for tape that hurts when it comes off, is to stick it to your arm or your shirt once or twice first to soften the stickiness. Strangely enough, it makes it much easier to handle and reposition as needed. Also, I'm always sure to fold a little corner over for a handle.

Lisa
Post Reply Post Reply
There was a post about using Milk of Magnesia on lips/skin to make it easier. I haven't tried that yet.

Had a really rough night last night. I was up 3 times during the night for rush trips. Made it each time.

I used my N20 mask and soft cervical collar last night. I had the tape on until the first emergency run.

room was cold; and I was stressed out.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
@TechieHippie

Helpful hints. I normally stick it to my pajama top a couple of times. Didn't last night.

And I do fold over a corner. It really helps.

(Neighbour got new windws about a year and a half ago. Left tape labels on. They still are. they'll never get them off.)
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] APAP Settings Review falcon940 2 180 10-23-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: falcon940
  ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help ac123 25 1,542 10-23-2024, 12:47 PM
Last Post: ac123
  SleepyCPAP’s Treatment Thread - Palatal Prolapse AlaxoStent SleepyCPAP 103 14,485 10-22-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: fudo
  Review My Oscar Data; Any Recommendations? Websurfer49 1 109 10-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Help With CPAP Treatment (Oscar Help) Bosox6177 2 147 10-19-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bosox6177
Question Central Apnea - Treatment Emergent vs Altitude ausername 4 241 10-17-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] New issues after 4 years of treatment Compton2233 4 246 10-17-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Compton2233

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.