Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Resmed AirFit P10 Maximum Pressure??
Resmed AirFit P10 Maximum Pressure??
I have a P10 nasal mask on trial, and I was told by a sales rep that it was only good for a maximum pressure of 10 cmH2O, and above that leakage was excessive. I found one place on the Resmed site that claimed it was good up to 18 cmH2O. Curious as to what actual user experience has been? I have one one trial, and the machine says leakage is normal, but I have heard it leaking from time to time. My machine min-max is 6.5-20.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirFit P10 Maximum Pressure??
I used it up to 25cm with no problem. My mouth however had a problem at that pressure.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've used it up to 14 with no serious leaks from the mask itself, though my max pressure is now below that, and I've seen others post here of using it up to 20 with no extreme leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
setting its limit at 10 is absurd. my pressures once i am asleep run from 9 to 16 and seldom do I have leak issues (but when I do, it's because the individual pillow needs replacement)
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I run pressure beginning at 12 IPAP, and going to 18. Never had a problem. Sales rep needs some real-life experience?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2018, 07:13 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: ...  Sales rep needs some real-life experience?

My experience is they can't be taught.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hit a pressure of 20 nightly with no P10 problems
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed provides intentional leak (venting) levels up to 20cm so they must think it will work up to at least that level. In addition to real-life experience, the sales rep needs to read and understand the literature on the products he is trying to sell before giving his opinion on them.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
With use, 6 months or so, and the straps stretching, I found I that pressures over 15 would leak for me.  Must be my big head,  but with new straps no problem up to 20 cmw

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I currently run 14.5-20 with no issues at all. If using proper size pillows and straps adjusted correctly, 20 should't be an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Airfit F20 Headgear Washing Frequency? jefferyscott0 2 186 10-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  EERS using Resmed AirFit P30i Mask GrantT 10 2,050 10-04-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Macka
  pattern in high resolution mask pressure in resmed device rberry1 1 240 09-11-2024, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Need Help...Possible problems with Airfit 10 Ryd4Life 2 278 09-11-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Ryd4Life
  Is it normal for Resmed 10 blowing noise to be very noticable at high pressure >13 snortle 4 345 08-29-2024, 09:49 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  P10 Nasal Pillows to F40 Airfit Full Face Mask Settings? stevesleep 3 383 08-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 25 7,462 08-20-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.