Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure and mask leaks
Pressure and mask leaks
So am two months in with excellent results. I went for my first follow up and the APRN said doing great so let’s now set the pressure between 10-14. Before it was 4-20. I was averaging 12.5. Now in the last two nights since my follow up my leaks have skyrocketed and I feel like there to much pressure. Resmed airsence 10 and nasal pillow is what I have. Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure and mask leaks
It would give us more insights if you downloaded OSCAR and posted your flow curves with all the details arranged as WIKI suggests.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use nasal cushions and my leaks go up and are hard to control when I get above 10cm. 9 is about my limits. My head pillow also plays a part, I need to tuck the end up under my chin and neck so it doesn’t bump the nose portion of my mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you say you were averaging 12.5, what number are you specifically referencing?
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the board.  I think I know the problem but without data I can't know.   PLEASE download and use OSCAR.  It is a totally free program to download and use at the top of our site.  You will need a SD card (32 GB or less) in your machine while you sleep to record the data to post..
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What was your experience fighting mouth leaks? PersonInNY 31 1,163 Today, 08:03 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Leaks with Brevida pillow mask Ticman1 7 3,844 Today, 02:17 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Are these leaks okay? bettyryan 2 123 Yesterday, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Leaks and Flow Rates cyberfiche 4 198 10-02-2024, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 22 1,623 10-02-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  CPAP Newbie - Waking All Night With Mask Leaks Embeeous 37 1,265 09-26-2024, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Embeeous
  New and unusual air leaks Honeyboy 11 328 09-26-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Andre Carignan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.