Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] from AIRSENSE 10 Autoset to AIRCURVE 10 ASV
Question 
from AIRSENSE 10 Autoset to AIRCURVE 10 ASV
Hi there,

Age 29 male, 65kg and 180cm height. Have severe apnea that becomes more severe in REM sleep. %99 hypopnea, these are thought to be central as the rest apneas are central. No problem with the use of Airsense10 with 4-11 PS, EPR:2 settings. My AHI seems always below 1 with machine but still have 5 or 6 central apneas, each night. Like my sleep study. After each central apnea, I wake up to pee for 3 years. Average per night is 8-10 physical arousal. Today I got Aircurve 10 ASV for trial.

What should be settings? Last month I tried s9 asv can't falling asleep due to suffocating. My AIRSENSE AUTO-CPAP 10 OSCAR results says;

Average Pressure: 5.47
Min Pressure: 4.00
Max Pressure: 9.34
%95 Pressure: 7.26
Average EPAP: 4.18
Min EPAP: 4.00
Max EPAP: 7.34

For 3 years, I woke up 8-10 times to pee, most of them after central apneas. I have also many many comorbid health conditions, but most important one is this. I need a reliable settings to set my ASV which I am gonna use for short period. It is my last hope.

What should be?
Min EPAP:
Max EPAP:
Min PS
Max PS:

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: from AIRSENSE 10 Autoset to AIRCURVE 10 ASV
During day I try to default settings when Min EPAP:4 Min PS:3, devices gives 7 IPAP and its so irritating. What if I use Min PS:0 ?

Why its important leave 3 gap between epap and ipap? It is so hard to use with 7 IPAP. My diaphragm wants so much to enlarge. If I don't leave any gap between Min EPAP and Min PS, are my central apneas become hard to be solved?

As you see my CPAP results from OSCAR, my Max PS is 9.34 and I guess that means my max IPAP is 9.34. I think thats my 4 EPAP + 3 PS = 7 IPAP is so much for me during wakeness.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could make life for me a lot easier by posting some typical Oscar daily detail charts. I really don't know what your settings were on either the Airsense 10 Autoset or the S9 VPAP Adapt. "As you can see"....I can't see anything. Do you need help posting charts? Links to the Oscar Organization and How to Attach images are in my signature.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2023, 05:18 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You could make life for me a lot easier by posting some typical Oscar daily detail charts.  I really don't know what your settings were on either the Airsense 10 Autoset or the S9 VPAP Adapt. "As you can see"....I can't see anything.  Do you need help posting charts?  Links to the Oscar Organization and How to Attach images are in my signature.

I shared the statistics with my AIRSENSE 10. As I can't change the language of the OSCAR, I didn't share the schemes but just statistics. Thank you for your reply. I'm gonna find a way.
Post Reply Post Reply

[attachment=52097 Wrote:Sleeprider pid='480388' dateline='1688681920']You could make life for me a lot easier by posting some typical Oscar daily detail charts.  I really don't know what your settings were on either the Airsense 10 Autoset or the S9 VPAP Adapt. "As you can see"....I can't see anything.  Do you need help posting charts?  Links to the Oscar Organization and How to Attach images are in my signature.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Suggestion on ASV settings
        Switch to Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV from Airsense 10 Autoset.

Have severe apnea that becomes more severe in REM sleep. Also diagnosed with %99 hypopnea, these are thought to be central as the rest apneas are central. No problem with the use of Airsense10 with 4-11 PS, EPR:2 settings. My AHI seems always below 1 with machine but still have 5 or 6 central apneas, each night. Like my sleep study. After each central apnea, I wake up to pee for 3 years. Average per night is 8-10 physical arousal.

Last night I tried to use my trial ASV device. However, I even can't tolerate Min PS:2. I used it with;

Min EPAP: 5
Max EPAP:8 
Min PS:0
Max PS: 10 (insignificant)

When I add Min PS even 2, inhale becomes 7 even with wakefulness and you'll see in my charts, its so much for me. I don't want any difference between EPAP and IPAP during wakefulness, thats why I set Min PS:0. 
Question is: If I use it with Min 0, it become ineffective?

I'm open to all suggestions, as my trial period is very short and this ASV is my last chance. I just DON't want EPAP IPAP difference wakefulness. Thanks in advance. Gonna post 2 SS, one is with Airsense, other is ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can use PS min 0 if that is more comfortable. The Resmed ASV requires that PS max be at least 5-cm higher than PS min. AHI is less than 1 per hour, so of course it is effective.

Please keep future posts related to your therapy in this thread. I merged your previous thread to keep things in one place.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot. Then I have 1 more extra question.

When I use my Airsense 10, Oscar shows CAs perfectly. However, for ASV, there is not CA row. How can I be sure I've no CA? Is it classified in UA?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Sleeprider, with the AirCurve 10 ASV, how does decreasing PS min from 2.0 or 3.0 to 0.0 (which decreases IPAP min) affect your breathing effort (both inhalation and exhalation). Thanks for clarifying this for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ASV does not use a FOY pressure to determine type of apnea. UA (unknown apnea) mean the cessation of breathing is obstructive, or there is insufficient pressure support to cause a breath. Your PS is so low that it probably cannot trigger a breath without spontaneous effort. The machine cannot treat central apnea in most individuals with these settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 50 1,972 09-13-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
  [Equipment] Can I use Aircurve 10 ASV (PaceWave CS) instead of an Aircurve 10 Vauto ? Gillyweed 7 271 09-06-2024, 01:28 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
Information [CPAP] Aircurve 11 Oscar Chart WeaponizedCactus 7 300 09-05-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] New Airsense 10 Autoset - Help Optimize Settings Led Head 2 184 09-05-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Led Head
  Squealing Resmed AirCurve ASV FE350 2 151 09-03-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: FE350
  [Pressure] Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Turpentine 6 309 08-28-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AHI very high after switching from Dreamstation to Aircurve 10 mu50256 15 607 08-25-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.