Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions re Dreamstation and Airsense
RE: Questions re Dreamstation and Airsense
I agree the main difference in the BiPAP and CPAP is firmware. I'm just saying on pretty good authority that no one has ever changed the function of a CPAP to BiPAP in the same box. I have seen plenty of machines exchanged out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2018, 09:04 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I think you might of wasted $100.00. I found this link on a search.  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-over-Wifi

Thanks for the link. It was about $30, not $100, but after reading the thread in the link you may be right. However, I am wondering if, even assuming the thread is correct, maybe the sleep doctor can make something happen so I can use it the way I want to. There is a video on the Respironics web site explaining how to use it, but it stops right after explaining how to connect it to your home wifi network.

I have also been wondering how the Bluetooth connectivity works. I have an old laptop that I no longer use. I could put it in the bedroom and connect to it from my office, then use it to grab the data from the Dreamstation and send it to me. But it might be easier just to dig up my Flashair and put an access point for it in the bedroom, as there is already an ethernet jack in the bedroom.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2018, 10:26 PM)JJJ Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 09:04 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I think you might of wasted $100.00. I found this link on a search.  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-over-Wifi

Thanks for the link. It was about $30, not $100, but after reading the thread in the link you may be right. However, I am wondering if, even assuming the thread is correct, maybe the sleep doctor can make something happen so I can use it the way I want to. There is a video on the Respironics web site explaining how to use it, but it stops right after explaining how to connect it to your home wifi network.

I have also been wondering how the Bluetooth connectivity works. I have an old laptop that I no longer use. I could put it in the bedroom and connect to it from my office, then use it to grab the data from the Dreamstation and send it to me. But it might be easier just to dig up my Flashair and put an access point for it in the bedroom, as there is already an ethernet jack in the bedroom.

Using Dreammapper over Bluetooth will fetch mask fit, hours used, and AHI. Dreammapper also displays machine settings and 90% pressure. It will generate a graphical report in 14, 30, 60 and 90 day periods with the same data.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2018, 02:43 PM)pholynyk Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 09:14 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Data retention on the Autoset is 365days of detailed data wereas the S9 was only 7 days.
My original 2GB card has 610 day of data on it, with 5MB free space left (whew, caught it just in time). It has complete flow data, as I verified by creating a duplicate profile. That's a year and eight months...

So I'm guessing an 8GB card might last the life of the machine, with full data.

Yup.
My 2016 datalog folder is 175mb (November/December only)
My 2017 datalog folder is 1.44gb
My 2018 datalog folder is 238mb

The detailed INTERNAL storage may be different.  
The machine may only store detailed information internally for 7 days, e.g. if you install a new SD card, you'll get 7 days of full data and 1 year of summary data.
But the machine absolutely does not overwrite or delete data from the SD card until it is full.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2018, 10:35 PM)JesseLee Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 10:26 PM)JJJ Wrote: I have also been wondering how the Bluetooth connectivity works. I have an old laptop that I no longer use. I could put it in the bedroom and connect to it from my office, then use it to grab the data from the Dreamstation and send it to me. But it might be easier just to dig up my Flashair and put an access point for it in the bedroom, as there is already an ethernet jack in the bedroom.

Using Dreammapper over Bluetooth will fetch mask fit, hours used, and AHI. Dreammapper also displays machine settings and 90% pressure. It will generate a graphical report in 14, 30, 60 and 90 day periods with the same data.

I am having major problems with looking at the data. Of course, right now I hve just data from last night. This morning I looked at the data on the Dreamstation's screen and found that my AHI was 0.6, my 90% pressure was 13.5, my mask fit was 100%, and my sleep hours were 8.8. Although I woke up four times, I went back to sleep in <5 minutes each time, and it was an excellent night for me.

Then I grabbed the SD card and went to my computer where I have SleepyHead installed. It became quickly apparent that my old SleepyHead could not read the data. And then the headaches began - Installing the latest SleepyHead on Ubuntu 14.04. (I can't upgrade for over a month, and last time I upgraded it took me nearly a week to get everything reconfigured and all my programs installed.)

After getting to an impasse on installing the latest SleepyHead I decided to try my Android phone over Bluetooth. That went well and Dream Mapper got the data, except that I did it after 12 noon, so it didn't display last night's data. Sad  Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

And I finally found my Flashair card, but I put it in the computer first and noticed that it had some folders and files from Toshiba on it. I know it I put it in the Dreamstation the machine will want to reformat it, so I set it aside until H can figure that out. I found a thread here about the Flashair that I will deal with later.

Now, for my next attempt, I am going to make a basic install of Xubuntu 17.10 in Virtualbox. Hopefully I can install SleepyHead there without issues, and then I can finally look at last night's data. Fingers crossed. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Try making a new account in sleepyhead and see if that works before you reinstall.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2018, 07:40 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Try making a new account in sleepyhead and see if that works before you reinstall.

Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly, no joy. Oh well. Virtualbox here I come. Smile

Edit: Got Xubuntu 17.10 installed in Virtualbox, no problem. Then I found that 1.0 Beta 2 is listed in the 17.10 repositories, so it was just click - click - click and it was installed. But I can't get the virtual machine to see the SD card data. (Sigh.) Maybe my head will be clearer in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2018, 07:31 PM)JJJ Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 07:01 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 06:59 PM)JesseLee Wrote: I'm interested in what you are going to be able to pull through the wifi module. I don't know why I'm under the impression that communication with the machine was only possible with the provider software. Please tell how you set that up when you get the hardware.

I'll Ditto adding that info for my education. Thanks.

Oh, good or bad news, I definitely plan on sharing here. I'm in western US and the seller is in eastern Canada, so it will take a while to get here. Stay tuned!

And Walla Walla said:
Quote:I think you might of wasted $100.00. I found this link on a search. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-over-Wifi

Well, it was only $30, not $100. It arrived today and I discovered why it was so cheap - it's for a PRS1, not a Dreamstation! I still have my old PRS1 on the shelf as a backup and it fits perfectly, but no way would it fit in a Dreamstation.

And the instructions say "once installed it collects therapy compliance data from the device and automatically connects to Encore/Anywhere to upload that data. Home care providers and medical professionals can then use this data as one of several elements to evaluate patient compliance, and if necessary, change the therapy device's settings."

So bah!

Oh, there is one other thing - it has a slot that holds a card sort of like an SD card, but not quite as wide. I pulled it out and on one side it says "74329" and 3026." I wonder what would happen if I tried to use the module without the card, like, does the card tell the module what to connect to so if I took the card out the module couldn't send the data to Encore/Anywhere? Or maybe someone more clever than me could hack whatever is on the card and make the module connect to the user's home computer. (I am famous for dreaming.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Sony had a "Memory Stick" for a little while that was a competitor to the SD format of storage. It was narrower than SD cards but industry leaned to using the SD style of portable memory. If my memory is correct. SD and Memory Stick was after Compact Flash chronologically. There are still universal readers that accept Memory Stick if you would like to try it out and it is in fact a Memory Stick.

I bet you use the card to get WIFI credentials now that I think on it.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2018, 10:16 PM)JesseLee Wrote: Sony had a "Memory Stick" for a little while that was a competitor to the SD format of storage. It was narrower than SD cards but industry leaned to using the SD style of portable memory. 

I forgot about those!!!!  I used to own several, and it baffled me why SD cards ever lasted.  Then again, I have trouble accepting change and new technology; I never thought DVDs would last. LOL
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed F40 mask questions? WCR1950 16 954 Yesterday, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Three weeks in - Some questions SleepyDwarf123 6 960 09-29-2024, 07:16 AM
Last Post: SDM1
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 143 25,201 09-22-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Few Questions APAPNewbie 7 405 08-03-2024, 10:57 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New user questions LBlack 3 249 07-16-2024, 07:00 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Thoughts after less than a week, and questions SkySleep 18 750 07-14-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: SkySleep
  [Equipment] EERS vent questions Humancyclone7 7 554 06-20-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.