Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question
Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question
**I need to vent a bit before I ask the questions, skip past if inclined**

February 28 when I woke up I noticed a message on my Aircurve 10
'Motor Life Exceeded. Contact Care Provider'

I did. I called the Kaiser Sleep Center.
By the way, I have Top Tier Medical coverage. I forget the plan name but I am paying extra for it.
"Oh yea, you had the machine since Feb 2017, you are waaaaay past new for replacement. Apria will call you in a day or 2 to verify shipping address"

A week goes by, I get a letter in the mail from Kaiser. Claim: Denied. Reason: Outside service area.
Problem is, I am not. I am 42 miles from 2 different Kaiser hospitals. The issue is, I'm in a different County, thus a different ZIP Code.
Kicker is, I have had ZERO issues with mask/hose/etc. supplies. In fact, I just received a 6 month supply the week before this mess happened.
I guess DME are under s different set of guidelines.

I contact HR who contacted our Insurance Broker (Who by the way, has been excellent). *Bell Dings; FIGHT!*

its been a HUGE back and forth mess. two weeks ago they said I am in coverage area, all is good so I should get it by end of week.
Yea, right. that didn't happen.

Now they are blowing me off again. Promised I would get information on getting a new machine Today. Nope. Always promising, nothing happens.

for the last 4 days, the auto-shutoff does not work.
Last night I am getting a hot plastic smell. when I shut the machine off, it was warm.

I just received a email from KP - Large Group Account Management (not even a persons name, just corporate BS)
it basically reads, 'sorry its taking so long, suck it up and buy out of pocket and maybe if the exception approval is granted we will maybe consider reimbursement'.

these suckers cost $1800,... ON SALE!
I can't afford that. I have other issues needing my financial attention (huge car repair bill or new used car?)

**Questions**

Assuming I can get a script from the Sleep Center and buy a new BiPAP OOP,
Would you go with the AirCurve 10 or get the newer AirCurve 11? 
[DME Link Removed] Supplier #42  has them for about the same price.
I have a mess of filters and 3-4 extra humidifier tanks for the 10, 
Plus I was given a SoClean but so far, I haven't seen a adapter for the 11 unless they use the same humidifier top?

What really is the difference between the AirCurve 10 and 11 in a nutshell?

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question
I doubt there is much difference between the AirCurve 10 & 11 VAuto machines
except design.

Supplier #42 is advertising a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto C-T-C (card to cloud)
for $949.00

If you're not dealing with insurance or compliance, then the C-T-C model would be ideal.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought the Aircurve 11 because my 10 was 7+ years old and I knew the time was coming and I thought why not get the latest and greatest now and enjoy the “benefits”.

What are these amazing benefits?  Very simple.  It is smaller and modern looking and it does the exact same thing.  I was a little disappointed but i needed a new machine so a new updated machine was ok with me.

Some people complain of the smaller motor but that doesnt bother me because the unit is small and I travel a lot.  I dont hear the noise people mention.  

The humidifier tank is a mess, though.. again — the unit is smaller so less height on the tank.  When you top it off to the fill line it is too easy to spill some drops if you dont hold it at the right angle. 

If you dont get any satisfaction about the modern look or smaller size or having the latest model then save the money.  The aircurve 11 looks modern and is smaller to travel with.  Nothing else worth talking about (oh.. I think one new feature as I compared the menus side-by-side is it can auto turn off).  The on/off button is hard to find (again, part of that sleek modern look) so maybe I should use the auto-off setting which I dont use today.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I feel so good having the AirCurve 10 ASV. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Resmed airsense 11 I did have the airsense 10 at one time. I now have the Resmed aircurve 10. I have noticed the humidity tank is bigger on the 10 vs the 11 and for me that is important.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Card to Cloud version (no modem) can be purchased for $949 at TheCPAPshop Supplier #42. This is a fully functional Vauto, new and at a great price.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
See Post #2 above ^

This is a really good deal if you need a BiLevel!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #18 with discount code spring25 is slightly cheaper at $899.25 for the AirCurve 10 VAuto BiLevel C2C. I got both my machines from them, fast shipping and courteous support. Highly recommended.
Post Reply Post Reply
The big question I have regarding the Aircurve 10 vs 11, is whether or not the smaller motor in the 11 is less reliable or has a shorter life due to it being smaller and presumably needing to work harder to compensate for its lesser size. I am due for a new machine and this question leaves me hesitating.
Post Reply Post Reply
The devices have differences, but the important one is if you need supplemental oxygen, the 11 does not have a compatible heated tube. That is a game-over for a few users. My preference is the 10. There is nothing on the 11 but a less flexible outlet and no setting fo the clock. Size is not a problem and I prefer the proven motor that has been around since the S9.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 50 1,921 09-13-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 1 232 09-07-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  [Equipment] Can I use Aircurve 10 ASV (PaceWave CS) instead of an Aircurve 10 Vauto ? Gillyweed 7 250 09-06-2024, 01:28 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
Information [CPAP] Aircurve 11 Oscar Chart WeaponizedCactus 7 284 09-05-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Squealing Resmed AirCurve ASV FE350 2 138 09-03-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: FE350
  AHI very high after switching from Dreamstation to Aircurve 10 mu50256 15 582 08-25-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  carnuntum - Switching from Prisma APAP to Aircurve bi-level therapy carnuntum 8 1,472 08-16-2024, 05:19 AM
Last Post: carnuntum

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.