Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recommendations after first night?
RE: Recommendations after first night?
So I know my apnea is definitely worse on my back. In my sleep study my AHI was 61 on my back and 23 on my side. I'm guessing that the first bit of the night was so good because I almost always fall asleep on my side, but end up rolling over to my back. I also find the mask slightly more comfortable when I'm on my back, but I figure that's something that'd improve with more use.

I'll do some more research into strategies to prevent sleeping on my back and collars!

If you don't mind, would you explain how you determined I had positional apnea just from the OSCAR charts? Is it because everything looked good for the beginning of the night, and then took a turn for the worse?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recommendations after first night?
You look for potential apnea in the O and H events. Grouped together shows potential apnea. You may have a couple H the a couple O together or a string of H or O events. With yours it was the first part of your night was good then you started snoring and flow limits went up along O and H.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommendations for (fairly) accurate sleep trackers? SleepyMcDonald 6 1,038 10-14-2024, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Albercook
  Couple months in.. how does it look? Any recommendations? ReclaimingMySleep 9 428 10-01-2024, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Therapy recommendations appreciated Officialdee 5 350 09-09-2024, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Officialdee
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 71 5,903 08-22-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Setting adjustment recommendations arichman 1 265 07-30-2024, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Review and Setting recommendations kgtx 9 584 06-27-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Thoughts and recommendations? High CA? JonathanBravo 8 571 06-19-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.