Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
    My snoring went from being like a freight train all night to being a toddler on a tricycle with a bell just by using the cpap.

For this to happen it took a while to dial in the mask type/version and control my leaks.

I only snore now a few times a week and only when I have a mask leak.

With the F40 I am running with an average AHI under 1.0 and many days it is like today and 0.2.  

I got my F40 on 7/13 - so you can see visually how much of an improvement it made for me.  Before I had tried many different masks.

Post Reply Post Reply
Great results.  Did you try the F30i before the F40?  I believe the 40 was the upgrade.  I had lots of leaks with the F30i.  Wonder if that was addressed in the 40.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the F30, F30i, F&P Evora full, and others.

The F30 and F30i both pinched the sides of my nose enough that I had to change from it.  The F&P Evora FFM large is about 2mm wider at the base of the nose than the F30 so I didn't have a problem with that.

My other problem with all 3 of masks was the mouth opening was slightly to small so it leaked at the corners of my mouth no matter what I did.

With the F40 I do tape my mouth just to keep the jaw up, but it is soft enough I can sleep on my front and not get gouged in the face with the plastic from the mask.  It is also soft enough that while the nose opening is within a 1mm of the same width as the F30 it doesn't pinch.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't checked information on OSCAR in about 2 weeks, but I got a pregnancy pillow and on myair results are so much better!  I will check them tonight on OSCAR, but for now, I feel pretty good about CPAP therapy!
Post Reply Post Reply
For years I've had a problem with nasal congestion while using my Resmed Air Touch with the Swift Bella nasal cushions.  I finally realized that only one side was actually letting air come in while the other side was pressed against the inside of my nose.  The small size is even worse.
I finally solved the problem.  I use the Extra small cushions, but the part that goes in my nose is too long.  I used small scissors to cut off about 1/16 inch off the tips....now I can feel the air going into both nostrils and no congestion.  Hope this will help someone else with this problem
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post Cervical Surgery start up DEJONES1954 1 147 10-05-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  CPAP power post hurricane PeaceLoveAndPizza 2 225 09-27-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  personal effect of soft cervical collar eok361 5 302 09-26-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Dodies
  [Equipment] new to cpap therapy,. not having any success yet. sjlulz 3 193 09-15-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 12 2,741 09-13-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  newbie post izsleepy 6 547 09-10-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: izsleepy
  New here - Post Sleep Study Question Tenley 4 1,016 09-03-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.