Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Removing Mask In Sleep
Removing Mask In Sleep
I cannot seem to keep my mask on my face at night. Every night after 45 minutes to 2ish hours of sleep, I pull the mask off. I have no memory of removing it. I wake up with the mask and cpap off. I have tried two types of nose pillows and a full face (phillips dreamwear). I have been consistently trying to use my cpap for almost three months now and it is the same problem every night. How do I keep my mask on?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Removing Mask In Sleep
I'm seeing a Ramp pattern holding you at 4 pressure. If correct, turn it off.

Next to open up EPR 3, to want to increase Min pressure to 7 at least. EPR cannot reduce below 4, which is what it's attempting currently. Min pressure 5 minus EPR 3 equals 2, here EPR won't work until your events cause s pressure increase to 7. So set the min to 7, Max to 12 for now.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Others have had the problem of unknowingly removing their masks during the night.  Some have put tape on both sides of their masks, extending onto their cheeks.  Then when they reach to remove them, the pulling on their skin stops them.  I think it is worth trying. Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the suggestions. 
I tried the new settings yesterday and got three hours before removing the mask in my sleep, which is a new record for me. 
I had tried taping the mask on already and still managed to remove it without waking up.
Post Reply Post Reply
One fellow said he used masking tape and it seemed to work.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m not putting masking tape on my face. I’ve already tried using medically safe tape and it didn’t work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully, with some more time, you'll adjust and no longer have an issue removing the mask. 

It's just not normal to sleep with a mask on. For some like me, it was never a problem. And for that I'm grateful. 

Have you tried using other masks? If not, give it some consideration.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 420 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [CPAP] Taking mask off in sleep nevian 12 485 09-03-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 246 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
  Sleep position affecting sleep test AHI/OSA classification Fox66 7 381 06-21-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Removing a few Therapy Dates from SD Card MurrayNevada 8 353 06-15-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: MurrayNevada
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 8 928 05-21-2024, 03:06 PM
Last Post: HenryECole81
  [CPAP] Help Needed with Removing Mask pitufodrmdo 2 253 05-03-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.