Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse?
Question 
ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse?
I've been using a resmed airsense 10 cdma unit and have only just noticed that cdma has been shut off.  My unit is also now showing the dreaded "Motor life exceeded" alert.

However... I have in my possession two other Airsense 10 units, one is AT&T, the other T-Mobile.

Can I... clear the data off a second unit, switch my myAir over to the second unit, place my old SD card into the second unit, and expect it to report to myAir?  That is, will it read and sync from the old card?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse?
Most carriers have shut down the CDMA service and only offer 4LTE and 5G service.

If your other machines can connect to MyAir, you are good to go. However, data is reported and controlled by machine serial number so your MyAir account will start the day you re-register the new machine.

Prior to registration, it is suggested that you do a full reset on the machine to clear out older data stored in the machine and format the SD card to start collecting data under the new serial number.

I would suggest you transition to OSCAR, which provides more granular data to monitor and/or fine-tune your therapy.

The Motor Life Exceeded is an advisory message and, in most cases, is annoying but meaningless. You may want to re-condition this machine as a backup or donate it to someone that could use it.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2024, 11:16 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: ...data is reported and controlled by machine serial number...

Got it.

Thank you.

Makes me wonder if I couldn't munge the data on the card to the new serial number.  Smile.  But!  I read somewhere recently that the machine only ships from internal memory not from the card anyway so even if I went to the effort to switch the serial number and the formats were comparable it might not sync anyway.  Sad.

I guess I'll be backing up the old card, checking it out with OSCAR, and switching to a different machine shortly.

I'm not sure where I'd donate the old one.  Is there a definitive place for that?
Post Reply Post Reply
Re: "Makes me wonder if I couldn't munge the data on the card to the new serial number."

Altering medical data in any way is frowned upon as it violates the integrity of the data.

To change the serial number in SD data files, you would need to recompute the CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) hash value for every file to maintain file validity.

I am not aware of anyone who has hacked a machine's internal serial number.

I have a data store of daily detail entries since 2008 stored over 6 serial numbers.

If I wish to produce a cumulative summary record, I output a summary report for each machine serial number and then combine the summary data outside of the machine and SD card. After reviewing the data for years, I realized that the actual summary data is of very little value in terms of my therapy, so I stopped doing it.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifer questions.. Resmed 10 Airsense beetee 6 94 39 minutes ago
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  [Equipment] Higher AHI Readings on AirSense 11 than AirSense 10 Bmck8381 0 35 10 hours ago
Last Post: Bmck8381
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 95 34,907 Yesterday, 09:04 AM
Last Post: frolic
  Resmed 10 stopped writing to SD card THEVGE 3 124 10-16-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
  SD card for Resmed airsense 11 buggy285 16 537 09-29-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: DraftZebra
  ResMed Airsense 11 heated hose buggy285 6 361 09-28-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  ResMed Airsense 10 v 11 kmar92 12 966 09-26-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: LyndMc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.