Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed VAuto single beep at times?
ResMed VAuto single beep at times?
Greetings.  I am looking for help with pacifying my VAuto machine which is emitting a single beep at times, usually on the hour, I think.  Of course I could be sleeping through it, but it is not every night, and usually only once.  Last night at 4 AM on the dot and once prior to that.   I have eliminated alternate sources (clock, ipad, sound machine.)  Unless it is in the walls of my building, it is the BiPap.  After looking at the forum, I checked the clinical menu.  Leak alert is off (and I have few leaks) and none of the reminder alerts are on.  Today I unplugged it in the hope it would "reset."  Any suggestions?  Thanks, k888
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed VAuto single beep at times?
IDK... I was going to suggest that an alarm was set. Other than that, I have no idea what that could be.

Let us know if unplugging from the power source helped.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ensure the power plug is fully inserted into the back of the device.
Post Reply Post Reply
EDIT: I see that you already checked this... I'm gonna leave this here for readers not aware of that feature.

It could be due to this (from the Clinician Manual):

Quote:Leak Alert feature.

When enabled, leaks >40 L/min (0.7 L/s) for >20 sec result in an audible alert and a high leak message is displayed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all!  I have to report this was a mistaken question.  The beep came again last night, but I happened to already be awake.  It turns out the sound was not coming from the equipment next to mer but rather from the other side of the room.  The VAuto is not the guilty party!  k888
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Aircurve 10 VAUTO turning itself off and on throughout the night?? 17WRX 4 140 09-29-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: 17WRX
  acquired an aircurve vauto 10/self titrating eok361 9 400 09-26-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: eok361
Ohmy [Treatment] AHI skyrockets when going from double to single pillow?! Cpapaya 5 369 09-25-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: SeePak
  How should I set up my AirCurve 10 Vauto Josephkpc 14 554 09-25-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Waking times - what are your thoughts? Blubarb 2 247 09-14-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 1 303 09-07-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Resmed 10 vauto can hear breathing Officialdee 6 260 09-07-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.