Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Starting Treatment Guidance needed
Starting Treatment Guidance needed
Wife says I've started snoring in the last 6 months after a lifetime of never snoring.  Took an online ordered at home test and got an AHI of 81!!!

Ordered a CPAP machine and here are my night 2 results.   Any guidance?

I have an appointment with a therapist next week and they want a weeks of data before the meeting but I'm trying to get some sleep and am hoping you guys can help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Starting Treatment Guidance needed
here are my night one results with more generic settings. Didn't get alot of sleep and when I did I guess I took the mask off.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I cant figure how to post my study, but it didn't show Central Apneas as an issue. From reading I need to turn EPR off and give things some time and they will hopefully go down.

Still not sure what to do about the obstructive apnea episodes.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a copy or detail of the sleep study, please post it here.  With the large amount of clear airway showing on the OSCAR reports, we need to see if clear airway events were reported on your sleep study.  These may just be treatment emergent.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...pnea_Board

In the meantime, turn the EPR setting to off.  

Also, there is some evidence that the Obstructives could be caused from a Positional Apnea problem.  This is where you are sleeping in a way that may be obstructing your airway, like on your back using a too tall of a pillow that would cause your head to tilt forward, thus cutting off your air.  This is evidenced by the Clumps of apnea.  

Read through this link and see if you think this may apply to you and make adjustments accordingly.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 30 4,453 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Treatment Emergent Central Apnea mikesj 11 467 8 hours ago
Last Post: SeePak
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 872 65,111 Yesterday, 09:49 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Treatment] Help with treatment, questions, approach, understanding UsuallyTired 28 1,118 Yesterday, 08:46 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Diagnosis] Looking for some guidance Cg30sailor 5 132 09-06-2024, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Cg30sailor
  [Treatment] Unflagged events, treatment ineffective slatejetpack 4 121 09-05-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: slatejetpack
  New user, support needed please Katie.williams 8 215 09-05-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Old Steve

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.