Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Restoring Journal Entries
Restoring Journal Entries
Hi Team,

Question:
I have been using the Notes section of the Daily OSCAR report to keep track of changes. I have used the File -> Backup Journal menu option to back up the Journal data. Is there a way to import this data back into a profile?

More information:
I am running Windows 10 Pro with OSCAR 1.4. I imported a DreamStation 2 into my ResMed AirSence 10 profile and attempted to separated them without success.

I uninstalled OSCAR and cleared the OSCAR data folder and then reloaded a clean copy of OSCAR. I have since imported my ResMed SD card into OSCAR and all that data is back in place minus the Journal information. It is not the end of the world if I can't get it back into the program, but since I have a backup XML, I thought I'd ask if there was an Import Journal option or technique to accomplish this task.

Thanks in advance - Gary
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Restoring Journal Entries
Take a look at the following post.
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...ew-Profile
This may help you.
LoudSnorer
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi LoudSnorer, Thank-you for your post. I did read over that thread and that would have worked for me if I hadn't removed the old OSCAR installation and still had access to the journal folder. When I removed OSCAR and reinstalled, I lost that folder structure.

What I do have is the .XML file that is created when a user performs the File->Backup Journal function from the Oscar menu.

There doesn't appear to be a technique to import this XML data 
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless you specifically deleted the OSCAR_Data folder, it is still there. The execution code is separate from the data.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, that is exactly what I did thinking that the Journal backup could be restored. Oh well, it's not the end of the world. Thanks for getting back to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you deleted the OSCAR_Data directory, did you just press "Delete" or did you press "Shift+Delete"? If it was just the "Delete" then look in your PC's Recycle Bin or Trash and restore it.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Backup-journal function does not export any data (days)? DozyLamb 0 161 07-22-2024, 05:13 AM
Last Post: DozyLamb
  How do you restore the journal? clan 0 526 09-30-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: clan
  how to view or print OSCAR journal.xml in human readable output Trex827 2 1,019 05-17-2021, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Backup Journal function RAEDG71 8 1,478 12-09-2020, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Bobaloo
Idea OSCAR feature request - print just Journal nansaidh 1 945 11-17-2019, 12:57 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Restoring data OSCAR to CPAP Greg Schultz 4 1,555 10-19-2019, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  OSCAR – Backup Journal -- Restore to New Profile RWS0022 3 2,118 06-01-2019, 11:54 AM
Last Post: AlanE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.