Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Apnea detection
Sleep Apnea detection
I've had several sleep studies and my apneas were high.

Did use a CPAP; disliked the headgear and mask.

Had the Inspire Sleep procedure done and am using that for my sleep; however, I have NO idea what my apneas are.  Next sleep study will be mid-July.

I just received a Smart Ring -- it's new so I don't know how smart it is but it's in beta testing for sleep apneas (how long that will take; I don't know).  
Anyone heard of this and how it works?  Or will?

Thanks ..... sleep issues are a pain!!!

No one seems to know if I have insomnia or how to determine if it's an issue. 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Apnea detection
I will be interested to hear how you like your Smart Ring. I have an Apple Watch and use an app called AutoSleep. I find the data it collects to be very interesting, and an adjunct to that provided by OSCAR. Having said that, I don't think AutoSleep can -- or would purport to -- detect sleep apnea. It reports awake, light sleep, REM sleep, deep sleep, as well as bpm, noise in the room, respiration, and SpO2. I would assume your Smart Ring will collect a lot of similar data.

I hope your Smart Ring and associated apps help you resolve your sleep issues.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Does Covid worsen sleep apnea? Unkikonki 3 267 09-22-2024, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Mild sleep apnea, doctor recommended a dental appliance but not sure how to proceed. MysticEcho 5 263 09-20-2024, 08:04 AM
Last Post: nightgagger
Question [CPAP] My Sleep Apnea is Worse than Yours... plz Help!! memoryNada786 8 623 09-13-2024, 11:53 AM
Last Post: memoryNada786
  can I test for sleep apnea by setting a very low pressure? joelin02 12 668 09-11-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: PersonInNY
  Controlling Positional sleep apnea GeorgeGus 5 390 09-10-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Apple Watch sleep apnoea detection PeaceLoveAndPizza 0 162 09-10-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 26 4,735 09-09-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Dumdi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.