Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SpO2 Drops
SpO2 Drops
        I have been tracking my SpO2 for a couple of weeks with a Viatom O2 ring.  I have always gotten scores of either 9.9 or 10.  Last night I woke in the middle of the night and noticed my score so far was a 7 and that my O2 had gone down as low as 85%.  The Viatom software had counted 7 drops greater than 4% and 19 drops greater than 3%.  I have posted the specific time period this happened in two OSCAR attachments:  the first is of my SpO2 a[attachment=65011][attachment=65012]nd pulse rate and the second is the standard first five graphs.  I don't see anything unusual in any of the graphs other than the SpO2.    

My question for the collective wisdom is, do I need to be alarmed about this, and if so, how alarmed?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SpO2 Drops
Thank you very much for posting all of that data.  IMO, it looks like a sensor malfunction or malfunction of your SPO2 measuring device.  Why?  Look at your pulse rate during that period.  Just about every major spo2 drop that I have seen is accompanied by a large heart rate spike.  Your heart rate stays pretty even (a brief small spike, but then stays the same as your spo2 goes lower and lower).  The sensor could have come loose from your finger, etc. also.  

Continue to monitor it.  If it happens again, please post again.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SpO2 Drops
Hi, 

It is difficult to properly analyse your graphs as you have posted a zoom view of just 18 minutes, instead of being able see also a full night's data. 

However, have you seen your leak rates?

Look at the first line (LL) of your Events flag graph.

And:-
95%      34.8l/min
99.5%   39.6l/min

With the time over red line 20.8%

The machine's algorithm cannot cope in such a high leak environment. 

It means that it is unable to deliver sufficient pressure to keep open your airways, improve your therapy, and as a consequence, your SpO2 saturation.

So I think important to find the source of the leaking, being either mouth or mask..

To be sure that my observations are correct, it would  be helpful to see the full night's results, so as to be able to match up properly leaks to SpO2 drops, so as see if there is actually a clear correlation, or otherwise...

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross SP02 blood oxygen drops spo2 6 307 10-06-2024, 09:52 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad OSCAR SPO2 Import Issue from Vihealth(Checkme O2) MikeVet 2 208 09-26-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Health] Worried about spO2 drops during the day and night... ZeroShun 2 227 09-26-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: ZeroShun
  ASV with Oxygen Drops, leaks and aerophagia redking2436 7 449 09-20-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Relation Spo2, apneas, and Leaks don't make sense insomeapnea 6 314 08-26-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Low & Fluctuating spO2 r4robin 10 504 08-11-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: r4robin
  SpO2 Drops Not Correlated with Apneas SunMesa 24 1,141 08-08-2024, 02:47 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.